Chapter Thirteen

"Oh come on Niall, don't play dumb! We were both there, at the senior pool party." Louis sounded annoyed. Niall didn't reply, just stood frozen with his arms around me.

"Fine, I'll tell 'em! Gaby, Niall and I were the only freshmen at the party and of course we all got totally wasted. Well, we were one of the few people still left towards the end of it and they were all skinny dipping in the pool. I, being the responsible drinker I am, stayed on one of the tanning chairs instead. The seniors started cheering for Gaby to take her top off, the only item of clothing left on her body. Of course Gaby being Gaby took up there excited young hormonal selves and decided to take it off and jump off the diving board. So she stood on the edge, fully naked, and before she could jump...she slipped off and hit her head on the cement. She was faced down in the water for almost a minute since we all thought she had been playing around. Then we realized she wasn't playing. They started panicking and Niall literally ran away. Like, he disappeared for two days and the seniors wanted to find him so he wouldn't rat 'em out. They took her...body home, and left her on her bed. That's why it looked like she committed, but she didn't, her death was an accident! I tried to tell people but Niall here, forced me not too. Now what are you gonna do to me, hm? Put me in the hospital like Chloe? Or like Skylar, which one?" Louis ranted.

By then we had all backed away from Niall, including me. Why? Because MY BOYFRIEND WAS APART OF A TYPE OF MURDER.

"Esme, I can explain," Niall whispered. "Good, then explain it to the cops because we're done. I thought I could trust you, I thought you told me everything?! Obviously you're some maniac pathological liar." I pushed him off me before storming away.

"Whoa, whoa, I don't want you doing anything stupid, come 'ere." Zayn said, pulling me into his chest, making my makeup stain is white t shirt since I couldn't help but cry. "I'm so sorry Es." Fin's croaky voice whispered as he joined the hug.

*

Niall's POV

My heart crushed in a million pieces at the sight of Esme leaving me. I can't loose her, not now, not ever. I started to run after her but was instantly pulled back by someone.

"I told you what would happen if you hurt her." Matt growled at me.

"Niall, you and Louis have to tell Gaby's parents about this. They deserve the truth!" Haley cried.

Before I could register what was happening someone's fist impacted with my face and I landed on the floor. Matt?

No. Will.

"I don't care if you kill me like you did my sister, you deserved that." He mumbled.

"What's going on here? Why are the police at the front doors?" Mr. Johnson glared with a policeman behind him. "I'm going to have to take a Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson into questioning." The cop said. Louis was already leaving before I could even protest.

"If you chose to argue the law, we'll just do this the hard way!" The cop yelled, pulling me back to him by my collar. Forcefully, he pinned my hands behind my back before cuffing them.

"Let's go before he tries something." The cop who held my wrists tightly said to the other one. It had drawn whoever was left in the auditorium, including Esme. Even her family shared the same disgusted look as her.

I didn't mind telling them what happened that night, but what if it led to what I did to her and Skylar? Then Chloe would get linked into this too. If only they knew why...

*

It had been Friday since everything happened, and my mom gave me the option to stay home today, or go to school. But I decided not to look like a big baby and just go. Just go late.