Chapter Thirty-Five: Part Two

As soon as I got inside I dropped the shopping bag and ran for my room, locking myself in and crying. Through the bangs and yells from the other side, I couldn't bring myself to key anyone in; both emotionally and psychically. This was worst than the last time things got bad for us, just because I didn't know I loved him then. I didn't think I'd even get back together with him let alone stay with him when he was accused of murder. But I was at this point where I assumed trust was always there. Why would I even cheat on him? He knew how I feel and how I felt before I even knew him, so what brought him to such a vague conclusion?

"You're an ass for not closing your window." Zayn's voice boomed with a soft chuckle. "Wise everyone was banging on your door, I used my awesome skills to find another way in."

"Leave Zayn." I begged with my crackly voice. "I don't want to know what's going on, I'm just here to be here. I'm not going to say anything to the rest, partially because I left my phone down stairs but still, I'm here to chill." He replied, lying on the floor next to me, looking at the ceiling.

"I'm leaving tonight. I texted my dad...thank god I packed a long time ago." I said after a decent moment if silence.

"Don't-" Zayn tried to say but his voice cracked. "Don't forget me."

"Forget the first friend that didn't annoy me into sharing everything with them? Never." I said, facing him. "We might've only been pals for a couple months, but that doesn't change the fact you're one of my best friends, and I'll call and text you everyday."

"But..." Zayn started for me, hearing my hesitation.

"But I need you to sneak me out of here."

*

"You sure this is how you want to leave? With letters in your place?" Zayn questioned yet again, lining up the letters I wrote for everyone's individually.

"Yes, because this way no ones going to feel guilty or anything. Now lets go before they find you're little secret passage way." I sighed, stuffing my phone in my jacket pocket and stepping out on my roof. After a few hops and turns, I was seated in the passenger seat of Zayn's car, waiting for him to come.

"Ready?" He asked, when getting in and I replied with a nod. The remainder of the drive was quite and I was glad for it. I was glad Zayn didn't try to push me into talking, especially talking about how stupid I am for just leaving. But I had to. If I didn't, Niall's going to decline that amazing offer and I can't live with knowing I was the reason he didn't fulfill his dreams. I know if I let my selfishness get ahead of me, it'll just come back to haunt me.

"I can't go any farther than this." Zayn whispered as though he was talking to himself. "Thanks for everything, give my love to the others." I whispered back as I hugged him. There was a problem.

I couldn't let him go.

*

Zayn's POV

I had been sitting in my car, still parked in JFK airport, crying. Yeah, I was crying because my best friend, the first one since I came to America, left. What was worse is that there was a letter for everyone but Niall, and I was contemplating on writing a fake one and saying it was from her. I couldn't; that would be disobeying Esme's trust. But I still questioned her sanity at this point. Half of me wants to run in there and say it's stupid if she decides to run away from her problems like this, and the other half wants her to go and be happy.

I've always kept my nose out of her business. Mostly becuase I didn't care if I didn't agree with her, it was her faults to make, not mine. But this was big; huge even.

"What?!" I yelled into my phone, not even checking caller I.D.

"Babe..what's wrong? Where are you?" Fin spoke, sounding scared.

"Oh...uh...JFK."

"Why? What!?"

"Esme...left."

And for some reason I hung up and scrambled to get the ignition running before speeding out. If they knew Esme was gone, they wouldn't believe it was true and burst through that door, and end up reading those letters. They'll see there isn't on for Niall and who knows what will happen.

Everything was on over drive; my head and body just pumping with adrenaline to stop them from getting in. They can't, it'll blow up in Esme's face and I can see it happening.

I didn't even make sure I was parked properly as I bounded to the front door, constantly ringing the door bell.

"What's gotten into you? You just hung up on Fin, asshole!" Taylor yelled but I ignored her and pushed past. Before Esme left, she had said there was a key in her parent's room that opened every bedroom door, and I ran for it.

Trying to keep it as clean as possible, I raided the nightstand till the golden key was in sight and I ran for Esme's bedroom. To my dismay, everyone was crowded around it.

Shit.

Okay Zayn, you'll open the door and lock it back in... No. I'm sure Matt will beat me to that first. Alright, I'll just run for the letters and get as many as I can. That sounds good.

I twist the key and it immediately unlocks, but before I could open the door, two hands wrapped around me and chucked me to the side.

"STOP, WAIT!" I screamed, pushing past the crowd rushing in.

"So she's really gone? How could you allow her to leave! How'd you get in anyways?" West yelled back to me. I wanted to answer but I saw Whinny pick up an envelope with a confused facial expression. Shit shit shit shit.

"Uh, guys..." She mumbled, getting everyone's attention.

They all scrambled for there letters and opened them up, reading cautiously.

"Dear Finny,

Hate me; scream, yell, don't answer my calls, I don't mind. I deserve your anger, and I'm not ashamed to say leaving without a warning was a reckless idea. But I can't allow Niall to give up this amazing opportunity for little old me. Each of you have given up things for me, and I won't let this continue on. It's best for him and I to take a break, see where this summer takes us, and go on from there. Like he said to me, people change there minds everyday, and maybe he will, maybe he won't. But if I stop him from making decisions like this, where will he go? Sacrificing things like that for me? Is he crazy? I'm doing this because I love him, make sure he knows that. Make sure everyone knows that I love them even though I wrote it in there letters. Don't be angry with Zayn who still has know idea what I'm planning on doing, he just did it out of pity. He's a great guy, so don't let him go.

I love you sis,
Esme." Fin read.

None of us spoke, our eyes said it all. This was it, she was gone.

"There you all are! Who the hell left the front door opened?" Niall's Irish voice rang my ears. "What's with the sad faces? And where's Esme, I need to talk to her..."

"Someone answer me! Where is she? Esme, Esme baby, we need to talk!" He began to yell, searching every inch if her room.

"Can someone tell me what the fuck is happening?! I'm not up for any stupid games, speak will you!?" He demanded, sounding angrier than ever.

Fin simply handed him the letter she had and rubbed his shoulder as he quickly scanned through it, each word he read his face bursted with red and tears split.

"No." He choked, crumpling it in his hand.