Chapter Thirty-Four

"I can say a million things that could describe this graduating class, but that would just take days. We're a lively bunch, you could direct a movie on us and make billions. But that's not the only reason why we differ from other passing and coming seniors, what makes us different is our love and support for one and other. We made a change in the ways things go down here. For example the other day I saw two freshmen ready to battle it out when our very own Luke and West came to pull them apart and talked some sense into them. When one of us is at a low, we don't abandon them. No, we help them get back up. We take what ever levels to help them and watch them grow into better people. If you had to say, we matured from careless ninth graders to soon to be college kids. I know the thought of college scares us all, just growing up and moving out is its whole journey itself. As I look out to my peers, I can already tell, we have know idea what the hell we want to be. We change every five seconds still just as we did in kindergarten, but the only difference is we're trying to find the easy way out. You don't realize how real it all is until you're sitting in these seats with a cap and gown, waiting for your diploma. It's a new adventure ahead of us, and it's a terrifying thought to think we're going in the real world. We used to die to be an adult and live on our own, but now that we're faced with reality, it's a whole other emotion. An emotion no one can comprehend, really. I like to think of it as a crazy new roller coaster that you're riding for the first time. When you're waiting to get on, you see the twists and turns, and you have the nerve racking feeling inside you. Then you get on, they strap you in, and you're off. You reach a daring twist or crazy loop and scream at your highest, but sooner or later it comes to an end. Now, I'd like to raise an imaginary red cup," Liam smiled, holding his hand in the air like there was a cup in it. Almost simultaneously, we all image his pose, holding our very own imaginary cup. He looked down at us in shock, but quickly recoiled into a laugh. This wasn't planned at all, no one knew his speech till today.

"To all our laughs, screams, cries, and memories. To our families, teachers, principal and friends for supporting us in everything we do. To the love this graduating class shared for each other, and to new things ahead." He said, swallowing back some tears as was everyone else.

"Cheers!" The rest of us yelled, gulping our imaginary red cups.

I'm sure the teachers invoked with planning the graduation were probably cursing in there minds with all the screw ups that happened. Like how Liam's valedictorian speech wasn't what they approved too; no adult would approve of his red cup thing, then Luke screamed, "HELL YEAH, FUCKIN' RIGHT, I'M OUTTA THIS SHIT HOLE!" after receiving his diploma and as I heard, the prank was in full affect. Since everyone was occupied with graduation, Jack got his friends to do whatever it is to do. Still have no clue what these guys have up they're sleeves, but apparently it's one for the books.

"Can the graduates rise," Mr. Johnson said, and on command we do so. "I'm proud to present to you, Class of 2013!"

Cheers erupted again and hats started flying, another violation for us. "Babe we're finally finished!" I said to Niall as everyone scrabbled for there caps. "In the words of a good friend, hell yeah, fuckin' right!" Niall laughed, fixing his cap back. I rolled my eyes and laughed at him as we began to exit. When the first person to leave, Cassidy Allan, left, screams started to be thrown. Screams and laughter. Immediately we all rushed out with any exit nearby, violation number 47886433, to see what was happening. I pushed through, leaving everyone behind of me as I followed up with Lucas. After getting through the doors, the sight of three pigs in party hats, on saying "Class" the other "Of", and the last "2013."

If that wasn't enough, rabbits exposed themselves as the started to hop around, dragging little signs saying "2013" with them.

"Best part thanks to our buddy, Zayn." Matt smiled, pointing inside the auditorium. There it was, a huge banner cascading down the stage with the background of everyone's picture and Zayn's graffiti drawings over it, along with confetti everywhere.