Chapter Four

The carnival was full of laughs and happy people, you couldn't help but be in a good mood! Everyone except Matt. He was being quite bipolar since yesterday. I mean, it wasn't like it was my first panic attack. Maybe it's because Chloe was being a total bitch to me. And this is why I don't talk to other people!

"I'm impressed." Zayn's hot accent filled the air. I looked up from my game of Candy Rush and smiled at him. "Thanks, it's been quite a success actually." I said as I handed the little boy a stuffed elephant. "So has our kissing booth. Of course I brought in most of the money." He self patted his back.

"Hey, you can't claim that title until the end of the day! It's only four now." I laughed at his cockiness. "Yeah, yeah. Anyways, I didn't get to say bye to you yesterday.." He cleared his throat. "Oh, right, I'm sorry about that. It's just that I was severely bullied and I get panic attacks when people yell harshly at me and now you probably think I'm a freak." I laughed awkwardly.

"I thought I saw scars." He mumbled, grabbing my wrists and exposing my damaged skin. "You're not a freak. You're strong and so amazing."

"No, no. I'm the freak that died twice. Why? Because I was weak and disappointing." I remembered when word got out about me actually dying around school and I got called a freak now and then. But of course by then my closest friends was the football team and god knows what happened to those poor kids.

"That's frickin' cool! And hey, you're better than that now." He pinched my cheek. "Thank you, really." I smiled at him. "No problem Harris." He smiled back as he started to walk back. "Oh yeah, seriously stop by my booth, I'll be waiting." He said with a wink. "Ha ha, he thinks I'm letting you get near them. They're crawling around there." Matt spoke from his seat.

"They are people who have names, Matt. And they don't scare me. Plus, I'm supposed to face my fears." I handed another kid a toy. "But you know how you get-." "I'll have Jett and West walk me over there if it makes you happy." I stopped him. "But what if you have another...yeah." I loved how he hated saying attacks because he didn't want to believe I genuinely had a condition for the crap I've been through.

"You'll be yards away and your Esme senses will tingle. So will Fin's." I rolled my eyes at my over protective friend. "You texted?" West scared the day lights out of me. "I'll be back in like twenty minutes!" I screamed at Matt before hoping off the booth.

"I'm still against this kissing booth shit." Jett glared at me. "Mhm, what's new?" I laughed at him. My laughed faded when I saw Chloe wrapped closely next to Harry. I thought they broke up. My breaths shortened and my eyes flickered from Chloe to Louis to Zayn to Niall. I couldn't talk to Louis, that boy was apart of traumatizing me for god sake!

"You're right, the kissing booths a stupid idea." I said to the two body guards of mine. "No. You said if you ever become a pansy that we have to push you to face whatever it is. Plus, West already bought tickets." Jett said with his hands on my shoulder. "So we're the last two customers of the kissing booth, hash tag faith." West joked. "You're not gonna make out with us, Jetty?" I pouted at him. "And have West's sloppy second kiss? No thanks, I'll watch from a distance though." He shook his head before leaving the line.

Shitty shamdhkmbbm West was next meaning I was close to next. The soccer jocks eyed West as he handed Harry his ticket and walked over to Taylor. West was a flirt masta, making panties drop faster than fast so if course they felt threatened. According to the rules, the kiss was meant to last twenty seconds tops and that was it. But this was Wesley Underwood we're speaking about. IT WAS ALREADY LIKE A MINUTE. A loud grumble left Louis' lips causing the two to split. West walked off with a evil smirk on his face and left a flushed Taylor alone.

"Howdy Esme." Harry said, totally face palming himself for his choice in words. I gave him the best bitchy face as I handed him my ticket and walked to Niall. DDJKIEGNNBBBMOTHER OF.

"Cool rollie chairs." I thought allowed, rolling back and forth. Hey, they were all staring at me. "Hey Es. How are you?" Niall said, resting a hand on my shoulder. "I'm fine." I muttered. "I'M FINE. I've known everyone of you but Zayn for four plus years, it's not new about the living hell I was out through, so I don't give two shits for your apologies, keep 'em to yourself." I said for the rest to hear, staring directly at Louis. Oh Fin and Matt would be so proud, I can't wait to tell them. I spotted Zayn smirking, biting his lip from laughing. He's my friend everyone, Zayn Malik is friend.

"So...that kiss." Niall tried to make it less tense. "Eh, I'll pass, thanks though." I said, getting up. "Pass?" He questioned. "I dunno, it's weird having your friends and my not obvious at all friends watch us kiss. So, maybe sometime else? Cool, see you all around." I waved as I walked off the booth. "YOU DIDN'T KISS HIM, HOLY HELL." Fin yelled. "Thanks to you retards! And his friends, and him...You know he asked me how am I? Ugh, that boy has some nerve." I folded my arms.

Lucas was about to say something but they all looked at something behind me all at once. "Erm, Esme? Can I speak to you?" Niall said, spinning e around to face him. "S-sure." Damn, his eyes were so pretty. We walked to a sort of alone area, our groups of friends close by.

"I'm sorry, I know you hate being asked that, I mean I asked that the first time I saw you crying and you snapped at me and I knew not to ask you but I was in tons if pressure because I have your friend and mine staring at us and-. God, I'm rambling but I have to tell you that I'm sorry I was nervous as fuck because I like you Esme." He rambled.

He. What.

"We've talked before yesterday?" I blurted out. BUT OMFG. "Uh, yeah. 10th grade, Mrs. Edwards class." He scratched the back of his head. "Oh." I was lost for words. "Can we like, go to the bumper cars or something? Your friends are pretty scary." He whispered in my ear. "And I just don't like yours, so lets go." I laughed, pulling him along.

(24 reads it's goin up. I wrote this quick chapter just cause. Hope you liked it! Vote/COMMENT/share ox Dee)