Chapter Twenty-One

"Don't call me that! I'm your mother silly boy! Oh, he's such a joker I swear." Claris laughed. What. She looked like she was ready to cast a friggin spell on us, not laugh. "Step mother, now just leave everyone alone, please." It sounded hard for him to say those words as he pulled me closer to him with his arm snaked around my waist.

"Oh! She's your girlfriend? How come I never knew?" She pretended to pout but smiled again. Can this take any longer!? I have frozen yogurt that's going to melt!

"Sorry I haven't mentioned it sooner, now we'll be on our way." Niall rushed us away, locking the screen door as he scooted me outside.

"FROZEN YOGURT!" Liam yelled causing everyone to mob me down till there was only one left. Hey! That means someone took two!

"What'd she say to you?" Niall asked, completely oblivious that I was eating the last fro yo. "Nothing, just asked me who I was after saying hello." I said, licking off more of the yogurt. "If she knows you know...I don't know what'd she do... All I know is, I won't let anyone harm you, ever." He said before kissing my forehead and stealing my fro yo.

"HEY!" I screamed, but he was probably half way done with it. I sighed and started towards Zayn and Fin who were sitting pool side. "So you are the fat one who stole two yogurts." I glared at Zayn and he pouted as he handed over the stolen one.

"What was Horan freaking out about over there?" Fin asked with a mouth full of yogurty goodness. Can't blame her. "Oh, I just ran into his mom and...erm, it was awkward and uh...he wanted to know what she said because he's all embarrassed and junk." I sort of lied. Hey, mostly truth!

They all nodded and continued to attack the fro yo. Poor fro yo. My phone buzzed and it said: Brosif which only meant Jack. But he never calls me..

"Ello partna!" I said with a British accent getting a death glare from Zayn. I stuck my tongues it at him and walked away into Niall's cute tiny garden to here Jack better since all I was hearing was heavy breathing. This better not be one of his stupid little friends. One of them, Nicholas I think is name is, had a weird creeper crush on me so I always avoided his friends.

"Where are you? I'm going to pick you up. Dammit Esme!" He finally spoke, sounding super pissed.

What'd I do?

"Are you okay Jack...?" I mumbled, watching the street to see if he was watching me or something.

"He was here. He is here. Ugh! I can't believe this, how?! HOW! Just tell me where the fuck you are Esme!" His voice sounded super scary as he yelled some crazy shiz. Uh oh.

"At Niall's, you know where it is right?" I sighed, shielding my face from the sun.

"Yeah, I'm three blocks away from there, see you." He rushed out before the line went dead.

Weirdo.

"What's up, Es?" Matt asked after sneaking up I me. "I have no clue...Jack's on his way. Where's Niall? Actually, there's no time for Niall...I don't know what's wrong with him, but Jack sounds super pissed off and I dunno if it's Niall he's pissed off at or...just find Niall and distract him for two minutes before telling him I left, okay?" I said, looking at my blank screen.

"Okay, if there's anything you call one of us, okay?" He agreed and patted my back before we parted ways. I already had everything I came with and I guess I'll be leaving my car here since Jack was definitely going to pick me up. I waited on the curb and in seconds Jack stopped right in front of me.

"Tell me what's up?" I demanded as I sat shotgun. He sighed and covered his face with his hands before looking up and saying, "Our father is back home. He's apparently here for the Gaby case and they've reopened it because those senior kids all had different stories as to how Gaby died. He came back home around five to get a file and I freaked out. But he seemed off...different actually. Nice if I had to say so. He told me he's glad that you and Niall broke up because he's planning on arresting him for Gaby's death. All those old seniors put the blame on him, Esme. But I believe Niall, he's telling the truth, we all know it! Anyways he asked where you were because he 'misses you' and I lie and said you were with Fin. He told me to pick you up and tell you to invite all our friends over for a barbecue. tonight."

"Well, guess he's gonna have to deal with Niall and I back together, because I'm bringing everyone that's here, and I'm going to have my arm around Niall just to piss him off." I said and he smiled.

"So are you going to tell them, or am I?" He asked, nodding over to something behind me. I turned around to see literally everyone just staring at us with anticipation. Way to go Matt, nice job distracting Niall.

I hopped out of the car, everyone still staring at Jack and I. "Matt was so obvious, he's sucks at lying." Niall said with a grin.

"There's something you guys should here.." I sighed, looking at my toes. This is gonna suck even more than Matt being unable to lie.

*

We all parted ways. Jack drove back home by himself and I took Fin back home with me. We were all going to change out of our swim wear and into something "casually dressy", my exact words to them because knowing my parents, there co-workers and friends who are super fancy will all be there to celebrate my dad coming back. Just to leave again.

I told Fin she can borrow one of my dresses because I really didn't want to be alone. If my dad were to try anything, it wouldn't be in front of Fin.

After telling everyone what happened, they all became pissed. Including Louis which made me smile since he was actually sticking up for Niall. With our cheesy selves we made a pact that we's help Niall through everything. We also made a plan.

Tonight everyone one of us, including Lucas this time, will all be coming over. Since all of my dad'a lawyer friends would be there who are doing the case, we were determined to get enough information about it as possible. Many of the lawyers were pervs, so the girls were making there best slut impression tonight to get that info. Niall wouldn't be coming right away.

After we got enough information as we can, Niall would come over, showing those lawyer bitches that we're all team Niall, including my dad.

As I pulled into my drive way I saw Jack leaning against his car, texting away. "He isn't home yet." He mumbled as we got out my car.

"Good, because I really don't want to see him." I mumbled back as we made our way inside.

"You ready for tonight?" He asked, still texting. "Ready as I'll ever be." I said when we parted ways to go into our separate rooms.

Let's take this thing down.

(A/N) DUN DUN DUNNN! What're they gonna dooooo? Aha. Thank you for commenting, your dedications are on there way! (;

Continue to comment, share, and vote lovelies!!

Mmhwa!

Ox, Dee)