Chapter Thirty-Five: Part One

"Pass the milk." Jack said, holding a hand out. I did as asked and continued on my own bowl of cereal. It was the last day of high school, and for once, I had know idea how I felt about it.

"Good morning, glad you're both here." My dad announced like we were back in the court room. "I've got your flight information, you'll be leaving Saturday to Australia. For you Jack, I've found that lacrosse camp thing in San Diego, and you'll be leaving exactly next week, which means Monday."

"Why are you trying to get rid of us?" I asked half jokingly, half serious. "I, myself has work in Florida, and this way your mother can get her house back." He took it as a serious question.

"So is this it for you two?" Jack asked next. "I don't know, possibly yes, possibly no." He shrugged, pouring his coffee out. Before thus awkward conversation could progress my phone began to buzz.

"Fin and Zayn are outside, lets go!" I said, clapping in Jack's face as he tried to bite my hands. "Ow, you bully!"

"Hey, don't do that to your sister, you should know better!" My dad yelled, catching us both off guard. "I know what's going to far with my sister. The girl who raised me with my mom when she wasn't caught up in providing for us. Don't tell me I should know better when you should know your daughter better." Jack growled back. Not even kidding, he actually growled at him. I don't blame him, though. It was like a intuition, when he heard him yell, he jumped in front of me.

"Come on, or we'll bring hearing it from Zayn." I tried to lighten the mood as I pulled Jack by the arm. He wouldn't look away from our dad even when we were already going through the front door.

"How's it feel like you'll be back at this hell next year?" Fin laughed when we neared our school. Jack just shrugged and mumbled a few things, making Fin turn around to me with a worried expression and Zayn did the same in the rear view mirror. I sighed and rubbed his shoulder, shaking my head to them both.

"It's the first time we aren't late." Zayn grinned, fixing his black v-neck. "You're welcome!" I laughed, wrapping my arm around his waist and looked back at Fin and Jack. Fin always knew what to say to the two of us, she was our second sister, I swear.

"Actually, you're welcome since I spoke to you in Chem." Zayn said.

"You're welcome for allowing you to date my sister, dickwad!" I laughed and screamed at the same time, running away from him and into Niall's arms.

"Year book?" Liam squeezed between Niall and I, leaving it there. I laughed and took it out, scanning for my picture. "ESSIE, LOOK AT PAGE TWELVE!" Jett yelled from far away as two girls signed his book. I did just that, and saw the picture Liam took of us the day Matt suggested our own page. In big letters "Jockateers" was spelt out on top and I traced the letters.

"I remember that day, you looked really hot that day." Niall mumbled, looking at the picture. "Creep." I giggled even though I was looking at him that day too. It's crazy to think how much everything had changed from then and now. But it changed for the best.

"Get in all your signatures because we're leaving in an hour!" Harry said to Niall and I before running to tell Fin and Zayn the same.

"I don't know--." I started to say to Niall but saw that he'd ran towards Will and Jesse. I laughed and decided to find some people of my own.

*

"Have fun on your trip!" Cassidy said to me after I finished signing her yearbook. How the hell did she know about my trip? I blame West, he's on and off with Cassidy too much.

"You ready?" Matt asked me as he walked up to meet my pace."To leave? No." I muttered with a sigh. "It's gonna be scary out there." He nodded.

"Mhm, real scary."