Chapter Twenty-Three

"Esme, may we have a word?!" My mom spat. I sighed and started walking towards them. Shocked, I looked to my side to see Jack by my side and the rest following behind. Awe, why did it take so long for us to all be friends? "Yes?" I smiled politely at the two.

"Can you tell your herd to shoo, please." My dad growled. "Sorry, my herd goes with each other." I shrugged and Jack snorted a laugh. "This is not the behavior I expected from you, Esme! I thought you were done with this boy!" My mom yelled, luckily everyone went back to there own business.

"I'm so sorry that I fell in love." I replied with utter sarcasm. I felt someone intertwine there fingers with mine and I knew it'd be Niall. "In love? Esme, you're seventeen, you don't know what love is!" My dad said, sobering up. "Hey daddy, question, how long would one go to jail for domestic violence?" I smiled innocently at him and his face fell into a frown. Jack glared down at him with his arms folded like a body guard wise my mom stood cluelessly.

"Jack and I are going to Taylor's house for her birthday, we'll be back in time for dinner tomorrow and I'm hoping to get a good answer to my question by then. Or I'll just have to go ask the NYPD, your choice." I continued my fake smile with my sour words spilling out. "We out?" Matt asked after scooting in. I nodded and laughed when he and David both screamed "WE OUT!"

We made our way out, splitting into the many cars to drive to Taylor's. Before at Niall's we had told everyone to pack an overnight bag to go to Taylor's, so we were all ready. I was in a car with Niall, Louis, Taylor, and Jett, and everything was silent. I'm sure Niall was wondering what information we had collected and I think the rest of us were just worried. About everything, actually. We knew getting into this mess together would mean there was know turning back, and I'm sure some of them were regretting taking up the job. It would be a lot on our plate, but since May was nearing it's end, classes were beginning to finish up and all sports were done, there was a well enough room for it. It was crazy to think a bunch of seniors, and one sophomore, would challenge great lawyers to a suicide/death case. I'm sure the lawyers were chosen with certainty that Niall would end up in jail and just the thought of him there made my heart ache. He was such a sweet heart. A really bad reputation sweet heart, but whatever. When we pulled into Taylor's driveway, everyone else was lounging around outside. I mean, they had no where else since Taylor was with us and she had the key.

"My parent's are on some business trip. Humph, they sent a birthday package an I got it last night when I came back." She let out a pathetic laugh. "And lets just say, it wasn't the first time."

I realized just yesterday we were flying back to New York from our senior trip and now we were here, competing with lawyers.

"Can we throw a party?" West smiled deviously as we piled in. "On a Monday night? When we have to go back to school tomorrow? Are you nuts?" Taylor glared at him and he pouted. She was right though. Can't wait to see the "herd" run around tomorrow to get to school on time. Ha.

"What'd you guys wanna do then?" Liam asked, already looking bored. "I thought we'd have some beers and popcorn wise we watch a movie?" Taylor suggested. "You sure you're dad isn't going to miss his beers?" Fin questioned. "Nah, mostly because my big sister's my supplier." She smirked as she and Louis brought out four 6-packs and Will and Jesse brought back four large bowls of popcorn.

After debating a movie choice for an hour, we ended up watching stupid YouTube videos instead until we all crashed in her living room.

*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR TAYLOR, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" Harry, Niall, Zayn, Liam and Louis sang in unison. And to everyone else's surprise, they sounded really good. Like they were made to sing together or something. Since they, along with Whinny, who might I add is really funny an smart now that I talked to her, Marie, who was actually already in college and had already finished her semester who was also really cool, Fin and I were the only ones awake, we made Taylor a birthday breakfast aka the girls made it, and the boys sang her happy birthday. So far, everything was looking bright.