Chapter Ten

Zayn's POV

Why was I so nice? It was nine in the frickin' morning and I was at school. On a holiday. Ugh.

"Zayn? What the hell are you doing here?" Matt's head shot up on my wind shield. "Maybe some theatre club meet up." Someone, I think Lucas, snickered. "I should be asking you the same question." I tried to change topics.

"We had football practice, now why are you here?" Matt answered, growing impatient. "I'm waiting...for a girl." I sort of lied. Hey, Esme and Fin were girls! "Someone on the cheer leading team? Because that means you have great taste." Jett smirked.

I nodded, causally pulling out my phone to text Esme.

To: Esme H.

RED ALERT UR FRIENDS ARE AT SCHOOL!!!!!

"Well I hope everything works out for ya, see you around." Matt patted my car before leaving. Phew, thank The Lord.

"Now why are these dumb asses here?" West literally yelled. Shit shit shit, I could make out Niall that was driving and my heart was about to explode. "Soccer practice, dickwad." Will yelled back through the window.

After some more deadly glares being exchanged the footballers drove off. What was this, some Romeo and Juliet shit if I'd say so myself.

Esme's POV

If I hadn't gotten Zayn's text I'm pretty hella sure Fin and I would've been caught. We both sat back up after Will said the coast of clear and Niall parked when we started pulling our bags out from the back. "I'm going to Zayn's car in case they come back." Fin mumbled, definitely upset for lying to her boyfriend.

"Can we just talk about how close that was?" Niall laughed softly, handing me my suitcase. "Nope, I don't wanna talk about them." I smiled as he pulled me closer to him with his arms around my waist.

"Good." He mumbled before kissing me. It was nice to know I had someone kind of like a boyfriend. But it would be nicer if he actually was. Sigh. "Maybe I'll attempt to climb up to your balcony tonight?" He grinned.

"I have tons of homework to start, but maybe tomorrow you can." It was true, I had like two essays to write in a limited amount of time. "Cool, see you tomorrow." He kissed my cheek before we parted ways.

"You two sicken me." Zayn gritted through his teeth as he pulled into drive as I laughed in response. Stupid butt.

*

"Good afternoon students! Before I send you home, I would just like you to know what jobs and parts of the musical you'll be doing. The jobs are outside in the bulletin board, if there's any questions retaining about your part, I'm available to speak to! Remember that tomorrow you all report here for a days worth of rehearsals." Mrs. Frank announced before shooing us away.

Of course I was with my buddy Zayn since we both came from Chemistry, and since we were all the way in the back of the auditorium, we slipped away before Mrs. Frank could finish.

"YEAH! I'm singing! What, what!" Zayn cheered. "I'm happy for you my gay best friend." I stuck my tongue out at him and he ignored it.

Harris, Harris, Harris...

"Aha! I'm doing hair and makeup with Alice, whoop!" I joined the happy dance. I could've ended up with something crappy like stage hand.

During my cheering something, better yet, someone picked me up and threw me over there shoulder. And I only have two words. Matty ass.

"Matt, c'mon." I mumbled, trying to wiggle away. I sighed and looked up to see the rest of them following behind. Was this some sort of meeting? And I think I have an idea of what it is. Ugh.