Campfire Cuties (Hunter Hayes)

Campfire Cuties ~ unedited

!+!+!+!

You and a group of your friends, Hunter Inclued, were sitting around a bonfire. You had a blanket wrapped around you trying to keep out the chill of the frozen tailbed you were sitting on. You were mezmorized by the flame until someone brought a guitar out. Your friend Jake handed the guitar to Hunter who strummed a few chords before noticing your gaze.

"Hey sweetheart, You wanna sing?" You shedded the blanket and joined Hunter on one of the hay bales. You shivered and scooted closer to Hunter. He chuckled at your movements but didn't scoot away. "What do you wanna sing?" He asked lowering his head away from the fire. "Um, I've had Lego House stuck in my head all day." He nodded and started the song. The rest of the group fell quiet and watched the duet.

"I'm gonna pick up the pieces and build a lego house, if things go wrong we can knock it down." You begin quietly. You look up at Hunter who silently encourages you with his loving gaze.

You begin to sing again but Hunters angelic voice starts the verse first, "My three words have two meanings, There's one thing on my mind. It's all for you." He sings straight to you, his eyes never leaving yours.

You look down and away from your friends, hoping your blush isn't visible in the soft dim glow that the bonfire casts. You take a deep breath and try to shake out your nerves before starting the next part of the song. "And it's dark in a cold December, but I've got you to keep me warm. If you're broken I will mend you and I'll keep you sheltered from the storm that's raging on now."

Hunters voice molds into yours and you guys sound great. You stare into his eyes, watching the flames dance in his gaze. His lips forming the words of the song perfectly. "I'm out of touch, I'm out of love. I'll pick you up when you get down, And out of all these things I've done I think I love you better now."

Your voices fade off. He reaches out to cup your face and pulls you in for a sweet kiss that says everything his actions didn't spill out in the song. In that moment you would never doubt it again. Hunter loved you more than anything in the world.

!+!+!+!