Chapter One

"We're back." Snow mumbles with a tear falling from her eye. Everyone was wearing their Enchanted Forest attire. I just so happened to be wearing one of my Evil Queen dresses. It was black and hugged me in just the right places. The corset was tightly wrapped around my torso. There was a black feathered cape around my shoulders shielding me from the coldness.

All of a sudden it hit me out of nowhere. Henry, my beloved son is gone from me forever. A single tear managed to get out of my eyes and falls down my cheek. I quickly wipe it away and try to act natural.

"The townspeople are popping up all over the kingdom." The cricket chirped while standing on Snow's shoulder.

"Well we can't go to the castle. It was destroyed in the first curse." Snow responds.

"Let's go to my castle." I suggest out of the blue. I regret it immediately. The thought of all these happy people in my dark and gloomy castle makes me shudder.

"Yeah let's go to the castle of the Evil Queen, the person who ripped us from this land in the first place!" Grumpy exclaims walking up to our group of small people.

"Who wants dwarf kebabs?" I say while conjuring a fireball and giving Grumpy an evil glare.

"Regina calm down. How about we just go to your castle? Grumpy, you and the rest of the dwarfs should spread the word. We are now officially going to the Queen's Castle!" Snow yells making sure everyone hears her.

"Technically it's our castle and she took it away from us." Charming tries to whisper to Snow. I hear him and I feel sad remembering all the evil things I've done in the past.

"Nonsense Charming, she is still my step-mother and I love her. We are going to her castle whether you like it or not." Snow spits at her husband. I was weirdly surprised by her sudden outburst. I was even more glad to know that she loved me. We began walking towards my castle. Luckily we didn't land far from it and it should be about half a day's walk.

My thoughts drift to Henry. I can never see the boy I raised again. He was my son and my only glimmer of sunshine. He lit up my life like no one could. I started to frown and yet another stubborn tear escaped my eyes.

"I miss them too. It won't get easier but we can stay strong together." Snow says with a warm smile. I never thought about how she lost her daughter for a second time. Without giving me time to respond she walks away and joins her husband.

Another wave of pain and regret hits me and I clutch my chest. I can feel the pain in my heart. Every crevice of my being is being affected. I can't even think properly. When no one is watching I walk off trail and into the woods.

I rip out my heart and stare at the darkness inside of me. This is what is making me feel. I place it on some dirt by a tree and I start to bury it. Hopefully by doing so I can bury all of my feelings.

"Regina?" I hear Snow calling after me. I try to bury the heart even further into the ground. "Is that a heart?" I hear her say behind me.

"Maybe." I say while still burying it.

"Regina stop." She says while placing her hands on mine. "You can't just bury your heart and run away from your feelings. You need to embrace them and find a way to fix them. Now, put it back."

I deeply sigh and retrieve my heart. I brush off some dirt and examine it. I can feel Snow staring at the darkness in my heart. I quickly push it back into my chest. The emotions hit me harder than it has before. Several tears leave my eyes and I slip into a rather depressing state.

"Now, was that bad?" Snow asks with a warm smile. A loud shrieking sound kills the awkward silence.

"What the hell is that?" I say while standing up and instantly conjuring a fireball in my hand. A flying monkey crashes through some trees and snarls in my face. It grabs my arm and a gust of wind extinguishes the fireball in my hand. The monkey starts flying. Snow hops up and grabs my ankle and then after another shriek we are dropped into a pit.