Chapter 29: Yearning

The whole Kimber Berry thing had me quite shaken. I had never spoken to anyone like that before, especially over a guy. I decided to skip the 5 am yoga class and go to the 8:00 pm class tonight, instead. I needed to reflect on a lot of things; I guess I should have gone to the 5 am class. I touch the necklace Shiriki had given me yesterday to solidify our relationship, I smile. I hadn't smiled so big in a long time.

"Are you coming to breakfast with us, Sirrah?" Visellia asks me.

"Yeah." I get up and put on my red and blue Nike jogging suit with blue Nike sneakers. I follow Visellia to her car. Visellia had been looking kind of down lately and I have been meaning to talk to her about it, but with the Shiriki ordeal and the Andy thing, I hadn't had many people to talk to.

Shiriki catches up to me. I turn around to him and we embrace each other. Oh, what does my father know about Shiriki? All I know is that he makes me so happy. And that is all that matters. Visellia looks at us with a delightful smile, her wishes answered.

"I was almost late." He huffs.

"Don't worry. We are still waiting on Cayne and Rory." Visellia says leaning against her car.

Shiriki nods and holds me by my waist. I begin to chew on my bottom lip, trying to figure out if I should confront Shiriki about his ex or wait.

Just as I am about to confront him, Visellia snatches me from his grasp.

"When were you going to tell me about you and Shiriki?" She asks me in a whisper.

"We just got together yesterday. When you had gotten home, I was knocked out." I inform Visellia, not whispering. It's not a secret. I am sure half the campus knows.

Visellia lets me go, "Really now?" she arches her brow.

"I will tell you about it later," I promise her.

"Alright."

I stand back by Shiriki. He smiles at me and I place my head on his chest and smiles brightly. I have thought about a lot of things, but the main thing is introducing Shiriki to my family. Especially my father.

"I need to talk to you," I muffled in his button up shirt. He smells like that Cool Water cologne he got from the secret Santa a year ago. I know because I was the one that gave it to him. He never knew it, he doesn't know it, and I like to keep it that way.

"About what?"

"Kimber Berry," I tell him lifting my face from his shirt.

The color from his handsome face drains. "What about her? Is she causing trouble with you?" He bombards me with questions. I couldn't answer them, he was asking them so quick without missing a beat.

I can feel his aggravation energy radiating through him towards me. I am not sure if that is a normal thing to be feeling. Maybe, right now was not a good time to bring that up. I think to myself.

"We can talk about it later," I ask trying to take back what I had said. I didn't want to ruin this outing with talks of that girl.

"Yes. I am having a great day so far. I have a beautiful girlfriend, great friends. So, I don't want to talk about her right now." Shiriki grins rubbing my back.

"Told you they did not leave, Cayne." Rory scolds Cayne as they walk towards us.

"Well, I did not want them to leave and you were moving so slow." Cayne teases Rory.

Rory sighs and rolls her eyes at Cayne, "Alright, let's go."

We all pile into Visellia's Impala and drives off.