Chapter 30: Head in the Clouds

After much thinking and much more stress, I decided to take my behind to the late night yoga club. With everything that is going on, I needed a breather and to clear my mind. The yoga group met on this beach, I didn't even know such a beautiful place existed around here. We all placed our mats on the soft sand and sat Indian style on our mats with Faun; the yoga instructor leading us.

"Today is about guidance and acceptance." She announces in a soothing voice but audible over the crashing of the waves. "Close your eyes now."

Everyone does, or I think they do.

"Take a few deep breaths and relax. Listen to the waves, the birds. Listen to nature all around us."

I take a deep breath and clear my mind, but the issues continue to arise. I sigh keeping my eyes closed. I try once more to relax and listen to nature.

Suddenly, I am passing through the clouds, soaring high. Flying with the birds, I look forward. An airplane labeled my father tries to crash into me, I dodge it just in time. Sighing in relief, I keep on soaring then another airplane labeled Kimber misses me by an inch. I stop soaring and look after the second airplane. The back reads Pregnancy and lies. I start soaring faster to try to catch up with the first airplane, not being able to find it after a few minutes, I shrug it off and soar forward.

I do a few flips and another airplane labeled Alchemy, on the back it reads She's back then it zooms off into the clouds, disappearing.

I sit on a cloud and wait for another airplane to come by. Upon waiting, I sit there and begin to become bored. Soon enough, another airplane labeled Cole and Andy zooms by, I follow it and read the back. Betrayal and relationship.

I stop just as another airplane, an airplane bigger and more luxurious labeled Shiriki. On the back, it reads Be careful. Be mindful. Be inspired. Be happy. True love doesn't come around that often.

I stop and blink not understanding that airplane. A hot air balloon smoothly soars by reading Modeling Career, in the hot air balloon it has clothes, shoes, and rolls of money in rubber bands.

I let it float by after I was done looking in it. I don't know what to do in this manner. Airplanes with different issues trying to hit me, some with worse problems than the other. Then a hot air balloon with modeling on it. I wonder if this is how Guidance and Acceptance was supposed to work.

How am I supposed to sort this out? I can't catch the airplanes to examine the issues.

"Go higher! Go higher!" I hear Faun's voice echoing in the distance.

The airplane labeled Father reappears and slowly soars by me. I am able to move closer and look at the back of it. Being protective. It then speeds off and disappears in the clouds.

Another airplane labeled Adoptive Mother slowly soars by me, very slowly. I hadn't told anyone about what my father had told me. Not even Visellia, Tyasia, or Kinsey. I wanted to keep it to myself until I was truly sure seeing her was something I wanted to do.  

My father not wanting me near Shiriki is an issue because I really like Shiriki and I am his girlfriend now. I go to touch the necklace that Shiriki gave me, but it is not there. The necklace is gone. I go back to the cloud I was sitting on to check around it. I find nothing.

All at once, everything goes dark and I am falling. Falling out of the sky, I flail my arms and legs, trying to stop. But I suddenly stop flailing and just let myself fall into the dark. I don't know what's at the bottom of it or if it will ever end. But, I realize with somethings, there is nothing I can do. You just gotta let go.