Chapter 19: Confrontation

Walking quickly outside with Visellia trailing behind me, I knew what needed to be done in order to continue to keep my sanity intact. This is the time I wish I had Tyasia and Kinsey by my side. I kind of rethink that because I know that Kinsey would probably beat the snot out of Cole before I got a chance to even say what I needed to say to him. 

"Sirrah, do you know what you are going to say?" Visellia stops me by pulling at my arm.

I fixate my gaze up at the afternoon sky. The beautiful clear blue and white sky. "No, I don't. But, I know it will come to mind when I see him, her...them." I say and continues to walk.

Visellia walks with me, her hands in her pockets trying to figure out what else to say to me. "I just don't want you to do anything irrational, that's all."

I stop and turns to Visellia. "I understand. However, to be honest, Visellia. I am not mad or any form of angry. I am not even upset or sad. I just know that I am tired of being wronged by the people that is supposed to either love me or be my friend. I can really only take but so much abuse and backstabbing and two-faced, you know?"

Visellia nods completely understanding what I am talking about.

Being different is Visellia's thing and has been for a long time. Hence, why she had been Goth for a while to kill what society says she is supposed to be.

I continue to walk with Visellia by my side; I try to think of what to say. Arriving at Andy's apartment, I spot Cole's car in the parking lot. I stop at the entrance of the apartment complex. Many thoughts going through my mind at once, I inhale tell Visellia to stay here and walk up the stairs and rings Andy's apartment doorbell.

I can hear crashing and whispering, six minutes later Andy opens the door looking flustered and a hot mess.

"Sirrah." Andy gasps surprised to see me standing in her doorway.

I had asked Visellia to stay downstairs, I felt as though this needed to be handled by myself. Since it is between, Andy, Cole, and me.

"Yes, Andy." I lean to the left to see Cole trying to quickly put his pants on. He stumbles and nearly falls to the floor. "I need to speak with Cole, first."

Andy turns to Cole who now has his shirt on and is approaching me as if he wants to make some kind of excuse as to what is going on. I tilt my head for him to come outside and Andy to close the door. Cole and I walk down the steps and out to the campus yard.

We walk in silence for the first few minutes due to me trying to gather my thoughts and what I want to say to Cole. There was so much to say, I did not know where to begin.

"Tell me what's going on Cole." I demand in almost a faint whisper.

"What do you mean?" Cole asks his voice shaking a little.

"With you and Andy."

Cole's mouth gapes open, "Me and Andy have . . . we formed a relationship a few months back." He admits to me.

I nod my mouth begins to twist up; I bite my bottom lip, biting back the tears. "I see. Is there a 'why' to this?"

"Well, I started feeling pushed aside when you first enrolled here. You would only talk to me a few times out of the day and when I would come to visit, you always had some kind of class. But, Andy, she made time and didn't have as many classes."

"Because I care about my grades and you would come without calling me to see what days I didn't have class. Andy doesn't care as much or at all about her grades," I blurt out. "And at least I spoke to you. At least I let you know I was okay and what I was doing."

"I. . . I am sorry. I just. . . I do not know, Sirrah. I was so angry. I started calling Andy more often and sending her letters because I knew I'd get an immediate response back even with mailing." Cole frantically says near tears. "Before I knew it, Andy and I slept together and there was no way I could change that or take that back. I knew better, but I wanted what we used to have, Sirrah. I didn't know how to get that back or what to do."

"Yeah. Being angry with me for trying to do my best in college. Then you started talking to Andy; my best friend while I was trying to talk to you to see what was wrong and how you were doing." I did not expect to hear what Cole had told me, but it light the fire in my soul and heart. "But, because I actually care about my grades and becoming somebody instead of pushing me, congratulating me on making the Dean's list, motivating me; you turn to my best friend and cheat on me. I called you for months on end, seeing if you wanted to come down and do things together. But you never answered a single one and when you did answer, you gave me some lame excuse as to why you had to leave and hang up in my face without a goodbye." I can no longer hold back the tears; they race down my face as I scream at Cole. "Now, I probably understand, it was probably Andy calling and you wanted to talk to her instead."

Cole's eyes begin to swell up in tears as well, "I am so sorry, Sirrah. I really am. I . . . Do not know what to do to make this right anymore. However, I know I messed up. I fucked up. I know it." He falls to his knees and cries his eyes out. "Oh god! I am sorry, Sirrah. Really."

I wipe my eyes; so tired of crying about things that I cannot change. I look at Cole on the ground. I kneel by him and gently lifts his face to look me in my eyes.

WHACK! I slap him across his face, stands up, and walks away.

(Was Sirrah right in confronting Cole?)