Chapter 13: Opportunity

Walking across campus, I am in my own thoughts about everything that is going on. It always seems like I get the bad end of the stick. I hear my name being called. I turn to see Shiriki and a group of other people standing around listening to a female speaking.

"So, if you are interested in the modeling field, please feel free to contact me or Mrs. Brittney McGowan." The female points to a slender woman with blonde hair and green eyes standing next to her. Mrs. Brittney McGowan waves to the crowd and I watch the young men swoon over Brittney.

With the speech over, the woman starts to hand out flyers and business cards to those who wanted one and were serious about being a model.

"Shiriki, why'd you drag me over here?" I ask arching my brow at him.

"Because you can be a model, Sirrah. You've got the face and the personality for it." Shiriki compliments.

"Psh," I scoff but secretly blushes. "There is no way-."

"Excuse me, miss?"

I turn around to find Mrs. Brittney McGowan tapping my shoulder, "Yes ma'am?"

"I was wondering if you'd like to come down to the studio and audition," Brittney asks me.

"Audition? I don't think-." I begin to doubt that I can even make it as a model. 

"Oh, you've got what it takes. We just need to see if you can flaunt it." Brittney encourages.

I look at Shiriki.

Shiriki nods, "You should try it out. Come on, the owner is asking you personally to try out. If that doesn't say anything, I don't know what does."

I turn back to Brittney who is waiting for an answer.

"This isn't soft porn, is it?" I ask Brittney.

Brittney laughs, "No, just modeling and training."

"Alright." I finally agree. "I will try it out."

"Yes!" Brittney turns around and looking for the young woman that was speaking eariler. "Oh." She finds her speaking with some jocks across the yard. "Ella!"

Ella turns and runs to Brittney. "Yes?"

"I want you to get her name, age, height, weight, and everything right down to the inch of her boobs." Brittney demands.

Ella nods her head. "On it."

After signing up, giving Ella her information and declaring that I will sign the contract when I try it out; I hurry to my second class, Theory and Ethnics from 12pm to 2pm.

I make it just in time before I was marked absent. Huffing and puffing, I get my homework out and hands it in when Professor Christensen comes by my desk.

"I saw you signing up for that modeling thing." Vanessa McConnell whispers to me from behind her. Vanessa McConnell used to go to Angelwood, she sat on my side at the trial and everything. But, I don't remember her. She told me she didn't say much to anyone at that time. 

I answer in confidence, "Yeah, I did."

"I see. I hope it works out for you. Lord knows you got what it takes to be anything you want, Sirrah." Vanessa says sitting back down in her chair as the Professor makes his way back to the front of the classroom to begin class.

I hope so too, I think.