Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home

Arriving home around 7pm Saturday night, I welcome the nice atmosphere of my parent's new house. My mother and father greeted me with hugs and kisses. Nick and Zander takes my suitcase in the house as I walk in with her parents. My father retired from the Military and bought the family a much bigger house. A Victorian two story brick house with four bedrooms, three and a half baths, and a double door garage.

I browse around the house and observes many new art and family photos with Sydnie, Brent, and Zamari.

"Sirrah?"

I swivel to see Sydnie holding a sleeping Zamari. We embrace but careful not to wake Brynn. Tears of joy fills my eyes as I hug my older sister tighter. We let each other go.

"Sirrah, you look wonderful?" Sydnie compliments.

"Thank you. You do as well." It did not even look like she had a baby.

Sydnie lightly snickers.

"Well, tomorrow is Thanksgiving and we've got a lot of people coming in. So, I am going to need you and Sydnie's help making the food and desserts." our mother says rolling her sleeves up and entering the medium sized kitchen.

In my mother's letters, my mother stated that she now owns a catering company including desserts of all sorts. Hence, the kitchen and all of the appliances I only saw in my Oven Club.

Zander hugs me, I hug Zander. "Glad you could be here, sis."

I stand back and takes a glimpse up and down at Zander. He could have been no more than 6 feet even. I felt like a shrimp compared to him.

"I know right. Been a mess here without you." Nick says slightly punching my arm.

"I am sure. Without me to pick on-."

Nick waves my comment off, "Naw, I miss playing video games with you, sis. Forgive me for making fun of you, though, I figured that since you were my sister, only I could. I honestly had no idea that you were going through all that bull...err...at school." Nick skipped the curse word due to our father reviewing him.

I tear up a little. "I accept your apology, Nick."

After helping our mother with the majority of the food and desserts, I go to my new room, which is right by Sydnie's room. Sydnie enters my room with a baby monitor in her hand.

"Knock?"

I peer up from arranging my contents on my vanity, figuring I would be staying for a few weeks or until it was time for me to go back to college. "Come in."

Sydnie sits on Sirrah's bed and bounces a little to get comfortable. "How is college treating you, sis?"

Sirrah groan, "I will be glad when it's over. But, it's treating me well."

"I wish I had gone with you," Sydnie admits trailing off.

"You will be able to go later. College will always be there." I assure my older sister.

Sydnie smiles. "You are right. So," Sydnie lays on her stomach and props her face up on her hands. "How is Andy?"

I stare off into space at the mention of Andy's name. The one thing that came to mind was Andy is blaming me for Cole's deception. "We are no longer friends."

Sydnie blinks and asks, "What the hell happened?"

"She and Cole started a relationship behind my back. I confronted Cole. Then Andy and she told me that it was basically my fault that Cole had strayed from me." I could break down in front of my sister; I know Sydnie would comfort me quick, and quick to beat anyone's ass for me. However, tired of crying over shit I can no longer control and refusing to let anyone else break me, I suck the tears back.

I can hear Sydnie grit her teeth, I twist and looks at Sydnie. "It is okay, Sydnie. I have let it go and take care of it. I know what I have done wrong with Cole and me. But, I refuse to let it break me and make me feel bad."

"But, that is not your fault. You have tried your best with Cole and he just did not get it." Sydnie says sitting up and crossing her legs Indian style. "And I am not just saying that because I am your sister. I am on the outside looking in. I saw what you were doing, what Cole was doing, and what Andy was doing. Since the trial, you, and Cole got together, Andy would always try to snake her way to Cole. Hell, I would not be surprised if that affair had been going on since high school." Sydnie shudders.

I stare off into space at the thought of Andy going after Cole during high school, when Andy knew I had a crush on him. I even remember Andy guessing that I had a crush on Cole, when we had our first sleepover. At this point, I was not sure what Sydnie was doing.

"Sirrah? Sirrah?" Sydnie calls.

I snap out of my zone of thought. "Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just tired is all."

Sydnie nods, "Well, we better get some sleep. Big day tomorrow." Sydnie stands up.

"Yeah, I know," I say as Sydnie leaves my room.

I climb into bed after closing my bedroom door. I glance around in the dark as the tears slide down my face and another wave of emotion hits me. I sniffle and turn over to ignore the vibration of my cell phone on the nightstand. I already know its Cole calling. However, after hearing what Sydnie said made me not want to talk to him. I turn over on my back and stares at the ceiling.

I need to have a mind of my own on this thing, majority of the time I do. However, I cannot help but think that what Sydnie said might be true. I could ask Cole, but I do not want to talk to him or Andy, now. I groan. Let it go, it was back in high school. I silently cry myself to sleep while telling myself to let it go and breathe easy.