Chapter 22: All the Days

Family dancing in the backyard, talking in the front yard, and playing cards in the house. I swear there are at least twenty-something or more people swarming around the house; talking and having a great time. Half of the family, I had not seen in ages. They complement me on my desserts and how they seen me in People magazine with a few pages about me. I am gracious and thank them. Sydnie hands Brynn off to Brent as she goes into the kitchen to escape the noise of the backyard.

Most of the family members that are present, I had not seen in ages or not at all. Some even asked for me autograph on the page I posed for. This family Thanksgiving went on for hours, until the early morning, next day. Everyone finally left around 4am; my father and I are the only ones that are still up. Therefore, we get started on some of the cleaning up around the house. It also gives us some time to talk.

"How is college treating you, Sirrah?" my father asks putting several cups into a trash bag I am holding.

"Real well, dad. I am making awesome grades and even better friends." I answer opening the trash bag a little wider.

"That's wonderful. Everyone is so proud of you, Sirrah. Especially with the modeling thing."

I blush through it cannot be seen. "Thank you."

"How's you and Cole?" He stops to take a rest on a white lawn chair.

My face falls and my heart drops. "We're over."

"What?" His face rendered real shock. "Why?"

"Um..." I did not want to relive what I had already been through. "He and Andy had something going on. So, I left." I kept it simple.

"Good riddance, Cole." my father laughs then stands back up to finish collecting the cups, plastic and paper plates, and anything else that needed to be put in the trash.

Once we were finished outside, we move to the inside of the house. It was not as bad as the outside was. Just a few plates and cups here and there. My mother had already put the leftovers in the refrigerator. There are a few dishes in the sink, though.

While I wash and my father dries, he asks me, "So, is there someone new or are you done with dating forever?" He jokes with me.

My heart races with excitement. "Actually, there is someone new. He is a great guy." I blossom.

"What's his name and do you have a picture of this 'great' guy?" He teases me.

"I do." I dry my hands, grabs my phone from my back pocket, unlocks it, and scrolls through my picture gallery. I find a decent picture of Shiriki and myself and shows it to my father.

He takes the phone and studies the picture. The sudden rage on his face, I could not begin to explain it. I had never seen my father's facial expression go from happy to angry in 0 to 100 flat.

I take my phone from my father in fear he would shatter it. "Dad, what's wrong?"

He turns to his daughter, his face slowly but surely going back to the calm nature, I know. "You are not allowed to talk to or see that boy ever again. Do you understand me, Sirrah?"

I shake my head, not understanding how he could declare something like that to me. "No, I don't understand, father. He is a friend of mine that I happen to like. Really like."

"That does not matter. He is bad news and I want you to stay away from him." He throws the dishrag in the sink. "End of discussion." He storms outside, leaving me to ponder what that was all about.