Chapter 11: True Gossip

Sundays are relaxing and catch up on classwork days for me. For Visellia, she cleans up the house and afterwards would normally take a trip to Vanderbilt University to visit her husband. Nevertheless, his mother called Visellia and told her he would come down with the flu. Visellia did not trust what his mother was telling her, so she called Kyle herself and he told her that it was a stomach virus, but he had sweated most of it out and is staying hydrated.

Satisfied with his answer, Visellia hangs up and comes to sit with me in my room. My room is always the hang out for me and Visellia, considering her room is always kind of messy.

"I heard you come in around two something this morning." Visellia coos crossing her legs.

I look up from some context I was focused on and squinted at Visellia, "Wha...?"

Visellia chuckles at the look of shock on my face, "You cosying up to Shiriki."

I blush again, "Uh, yeah. He is a sweet person. Easy to talk to. All of that." 

I go back looking in my book but now thinking about all of the personal things I had told Shiriki last night. I wondered if it was the right thing to do or was it too much to be telling him.

"Yes, he is. You know he hasn't been in a decent relationship in seven years?" Visellia smirks observing her fingernails.

I peak from the edge of my book. "Say what now?"

"Yup. The last girl he had cheated on him with his brother. Shame if you ask me." Visellia throws in. "He wanted to give her the world, but he guesses he wasn't doing it fast enough for her." Visellia picks at her nails as she speaks casually about Shiriki's past relationship like she was talking about the news.

I know why Visellia is telling my all of this. Visellia wants me and Shiriki to be together in some form. But, I know I cannot do that because of Cole. Also, to me, it's been so cliché to find a guy better than the one I am with and get close to him then end up leaving Cole for Shiriki. The oldest trick in the book but if that is so, then why do I feel as though I am falling for it?

"That is a shame." I finally speak up coming out of my own thoughts.

"Yup, but anyway. . . .Maybe you two can get together once you get rid of Cole's trifling' ass." Visellia blurts out.

My eyes go round and my hand covers my mouth to stifle a laugh at what Visellia said because I knew it to be true. Figuring my laugh is not under control, I remove my hand to answer, "I am not sure about that."

Visellia scoffs knowing better, "Well, you know what's best for you."