Raunaq

A letter to the person you've drifted away from

Dear Raunaq (peytonesawyerscott )

When I was writing Ryan's letter, I thought that would be the hardest letter I'd have to write but this is the hardest one (yet).

If someone would've told me, a few months ago, that you'd be the person I'd be addressing this letter to, then I would've beaten that person into a bloody pulp.

But I guess it's true. We have drifted apart, haven't we?

If I'd have started to write these letters a few months ago, then your letter would've probably been the parent one.

Because you are or rather were, like my parent.

You were my best friend and my family.

But it's so different now. I guess not having a civil conversation for almost two months does make the air quite awkward between two people no matter how long or how strong their relationship was.

I have no idea if we're ever going to be able make our way back to the way it used to be.

I don't even know if I want us to, you know?

That's what scares me to no end.

But I think that's a good thing, don't you?

I think this has given us an opportunity to see what it would be like to live without the other person.

I think we were too dependent on each other and that's not very healthy.

At least I was.

I'm not going to say much because quite frankly I have no clue what I should say or what I want to say.

I'm still reeling from the fact that you're the person I've decided to write this letter to.

Maybe this gives us a chance to start over.

That's the least we can do.

Love
Navi