Lydia

A letter to your best internet friend.

Dear Lydia (lydsplaygames )

The only reason this letter is addressed to you and not the best friend one is because I had to write this one to someone who I know very well but haven't ever met.

For the purpose of this letter, I'm going to refer to our past as 'that time.'

I stopped thinking of you as my internet friend, long ago. I think you may still put me in that category. I might just be an online friend to you but that's okay.

When you first met me, you thought that I was an arrogant bitch.

How right were you since that is the general opinion of the world on me.

But you still became my friend and did I ever tell you how thankful I am for that?

You were the first person I ever opened up to and I think that's the reason I put you on a pedestal so high, that no one can ever reach it.

You were also the first person I fell in love with and you were also the first person who showed me that there is actually more to me than I think.

You helped me get over my first and complete heartbreak which was admittedly, you.

'That time' was one of the best times of my life. I don't think I have ever smiled and laughed as much as I did during that time, so thank you yet again.

I still love you.

I did then, I do now and I can say with certainty that I will forever.

After Ankita, you're the most important person in the world to me and I don't think I ever want to lose that.

'That time' made me realise how wonderful love can feel and how it indeed has magical powers and none of that ever would've been possible without you.

In the year that I've known you, you've changed so much.

You've become the person deep down you've always wanted to be and I feel privileged to have been there to see that change.

Ask any of my other friends and they'll tell you how I was after 'that time' finished.

I was distraught and helpless. I was way more vulnerable than I had ever been.

And during my meltdown, I said things to you that no one should ever say to anyone much less their best friend.

Yet you stuck around. You put up with it and everyday I wonder why.

I guess somethings are better left unsaid.

A few days ago, I was telling one of my friends the gift I have planned on giving you for your birthday and you know what she asked me?

"Why would you do something nice for someone who broke you apart?"

I simply smiled and said,

"Lydia joined me back when there were mere crumbs of my heart left and even if she broke me again, she helped me heal and she helped me with so many things that I will forever be indebted to her."

You're the most frustrating person I have ever met. But that's okay because I'm the most bipolar person, you've ever met although you're too nice to admit that to me.

I don't know whether you will read this letter or not or if you will ever say anything about it but I hope you do. I hope you realise that you're one of the three most important people in my life.

I hope you realise that you're my family. I hope you realise that I will always need you in my life.

I will always try my hardest and my best to make you a part of my life.

But there are things that I am afraid of.

Things like you don't need me.

Things like I don't matter to you much.

Things like you don't put as much importance on me as I do on you.

I guess that's fine, right?

No one wants to permanently be a part of my life and I know you don't either.

But I'm okay with it.

It hurts a little but I'm fine.

In the grand scheme of your life, I will be forgotten amidst the new and more exciting experiences.

I will be shoved to the corner drawers of your mind and slowly even removed from there.

But I won't ever be able to forget you.

You're one of a kind, you know?

A unique amalgamation of the best of things that humanity has to offer and the one of the only people who've come the closest to perfection.

If stars represented people, you would be the Orion's belt or something even bigger and brighter than that.

You're also the most amazing writer I have ever met. You don't seem to realise how much you have a way with words and that seems to baffle me to no end.

As life starts to get tougher and shit starts to get real, you may begin to think about what you're worth in this world.

And even if by then you've long forgotten my face and my voice and my name, I do hope you remember that you changed a life.

You changed my life.

If somehow we manage to stay friends forever, then I do hope you'll be my maid of honour (N, if you're reading this you'll be my best man).

You changed my life, Lydia and I do hope I mean something to yours.

I hope you don't forget me.

I hope you'll read this.

I hope I'm important to you.

If I'm not, well then that would be fine too.

Love
Navi