As if Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough! (Ch.1)

**A/N: Please comment rate and vote! Three votes until I post more! <3 SarahRuRu**

As if Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough!

Chapter 1: A Never-ending Plane Ride

Point of view: John

"Will you please stop worrying and go to sleep?" I said looking at my sister trying to will her to sleep. After all of this stress, I think I deserve at least a four-hour plane ride to myself.

"But, what if they don't let us in? What if it's too late to register? What if we can't find a house, or job?" Casey said, looking at me worriedly. Ever since mom and dad died, she always thinks that I have all of the answers. Sadly, I don't. Just because I recently turned eighteen and got us out of the orphanage, doesn't mean I know all. Sure, I know more, but not all. Especially this: I mean, I have the same worries myself, how am I supposed to quiet her worries if I can't quiet my own? So, I'm going to stick with the whole annoyed-older-brother-who-is-now-your-legal-gaurdian-says-shut-up-and-go-to-sleep routine. That always works, right?

"Casey, just go to sleep, and everything will be alright, okay?" I said trying to look as sincere as I could.

"Fine. Be that way." Casey said angrily and she put on her headphones to her new iPod and turned up the music so loud I could hear it too. I grabbed the iPod and turned it down. Casey grabbed it back, and glared at me. I glared right back, grabbed the iPod back from her, and shoved it into my jean's pocket. Great, I'm already acting like a parent.

"Screw you." Casey said, and pressed the flight attendant button.

"Hey, don't say that, and why the hel-, heck did you press that button?" I hissed at her, she was getting on my last nerve.

"Hello, how may I help you two?" the perky flight attendant said looking at us with her plastered on smile. I looked at Casey expectantly, she pressed the button after all.

"I would like to move seats, he's bothering me." Casey said, trying to look as grown-up as she could, and failing miserably.

"No, Case, you can't move seats, I am your brother, let me rephrase that, your guardian, and I am saying you can't." I said making sure she doesn't go the whole you-can't-tell-me-what-to-do route.

"Sorry for calling you, I promise it won't happen again." I said looking at the flight attendant, and ignoring her confused expression. When she noticed I was looking, the face-smile was plastered back on, and she walked away, 'happily'.

"Don't do that again. Can't we just have a peaceful flight to California?" I asked Casey; no I was practically pleading.

"Maybe, can I have my iPod back?" Casey asked with a face innocent smile on her face.

"Nope. You can have it back once we land. That's your consequence. Now, I'm going to rest since you can't seem to." I said smugly and leaned my head against the window, trying to rest.

"Would you like a pillow?" an annoyingly perky voice chimed in.

"Are you serious?" I mumbled low enough for the flight attendant not to hear.

"No, I'm good thanks." I said trying my hardest not to glare at the flight attendant with the ever-so-grand timing.

"Okay, have a nice flight!" She said and bounced off with her perky smile.

I just sighed and laid my head back on the window. Soon enough we would be in California, and I was going to need some major rest to handle all of the issues there.

What felt like five minutes later, the pilot announced our arrival in The Golden State and everyone, myself included, jerked awake. I looked over at Casey, she was still fast-asleep.

"Dang, that girl can sleep through anything." I muttered whilst shaking her.

"Case, wake up." I said and she jerked awake.

"Hmm? Are we in California yet?" She asked me half-asleep.

"Yeah, just landed, now get up everyone is leaving." I said as I eyed the emptying isles. Everyone was still half-asleep and they were moving very, very slowly. I guess that's what we get for taking a red-eye flight.

"Welcome to California!" I said to Casey, mustering all the excitement I could into those three words. California wasn't going to be fun, or easy, but it's a start.

"Yeah, welcome to California, big bro." Casey said looking at me with genuine enthusiasm. I swear, she's a born cheerleader. She can add enthusiasm to anything.

"Mmkay, task one, get off the airplane." I said sarcastically noticing that we were the only ones left.

"Commence task one." Casey said in a lame spy voice. Task one of the millions that are currently sitting on my plate I thought sadly and gathered up our stuff.

"California, here we come." I whispered sadly. More change, more jobs, more problems that need to be dealt with.

©SarahRuRu

**A/N: Please comment rate and vote! Three votes until I post more! <3 SarahRuRu**