As If Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough! (Ch.20)

**A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for being late! Hope you guys like this chapter! :) You're going to hate the ending though! <3 SarahRuRu**

As if Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough!

Chapter 20: My Angel

Point of view: Sean

When I saw Casey walk into he apartment and cringe at the people she saw standing there, The Leaders, I immediately doubted my decision of having them tell her the news I stead of me. I thought it would be better this way because of how well it seemed to go over when I told John. Yeah, not well.

"Sean? Why are they here?" Casey asked from across the room without looking me in the eye.

"They, um--" I started trying to choose my words carefully.

"Silence." one of the leaders said from in front of me. I tried my best not to laugh. They don't normally talk all high and mighty I guess they were doing it to scare Casey. Casey looked like she was about to faint and I signaled to the Leaders that they should start talking. Fast.

"Well, Casey your friend Sean here has something he wants us to tell you and your brother." The man at the head of the pack started. I looked over at Casey to read her reaction; she looked weary and as if she was guarding herself for a blow. It took all my self control not to go over there an comfort her somehow.

"Remember how your Parents died in that fire when you guys were little?" the Leaders continued, speaking simultaneously.

Yeah they were definitely trying to make themselves look a lot stronger than they really are in front of Casey and John. Idiots. Casey just nodded looking like she was at a loss for words. I guess she's falling for it.

"They didn't just die. They were murdered." the Leaders continued on together.

"No. Just. No. Get-get out of m-my house." Casey stammered and backed up as far as she could eventually running into the apartment wall. I looked over to John he didn't have much of a reaction from what I could see. I could go into his head and see what he was thinking but I wouldn't want to experience the pain of losing a family member...again. Not to mention the invasion of space it would be.

"W-why were t-they m-m-mu--" Casey said between sobs and gave up on trying to say murdered. Her mind probably didn't want to take the shock of allowing that thought through her system.

"Why were they murdered?" the Leaders asked while making sure they got the question right even though they knew for a fact what Casey was asking. They just wanted to torment her. Make her hear the horrible news again.

"Your parents were murdered," they continued, "because they are, excuse me, were, vampires. And so are you." the leaders said adding the last part like an after thought.

That's when Casey fainted. I dashed across the room and caught her before she hit the floor. I picked her up gently and made sure her broken arm wasn't being jostled.

Once she was secure in my arms I carried her to her room and pulled her covers down with one hand I slipped her in her bed and carefully laid her arm so it wouldn't hurt when she woke up. I carefully covered her back up and smoothed her hair out. She looked beautiful.

I kissed her forehead lightly and whispered, " Bye my angel." Then I walked back into the hallway and grabbed the card I gave her at the hospital and placed it next to Casey's bed again.

Once I was sure there wasn't anyone in the main room I walked out of the apartment and started on my way. My way away from Laguna and Casey.

I stood outside the airport holding an empty bag. It had taken me roughly an hour to figure out where I was going. I looked at multiple flights and finally decided I would go to the worst destination they had. I looked at the listings and laughed when it said Hell, Michigan, but I knew it probably wouldn't be anything close to the hell I wanted to put myself through.

After standing for a few minutes, a long time for a vampire to think, I decided that I would go to Arizona.

I went to Arizona with my family before I was turned. Worst vacation ever. I'm not actually sure if it's only desert and heat, but where my parents picked out that's all we had. Heat, sand, desert, and more heat.

Vampires can go out in the sun, walk in the sun, live in a sunny place, whatever. We look normal doing so except we don't sweat and later that day I'll be really tired and need more blood then normal. Otherwise we do fine.

I walked across the linoleum flooring weaving around the crowds of people and waited in the mile long line to get to the ticket purchase line and the check in line. The whole time I was standing there I was trying to keep my mind off Casey. I know she will be fine when she wakes up, she has half my blood in her for heaven sakes, but I don't want her to go through the after effects of vampire blood, it's horrible.

I made sure not to give her too much of my blood so she doesn't start craving blood like me, but she will notice some changes. Her hearing and eyesight, well all her senses in general will be heightened, and she'll feel extra drained at the end of the day thanks to California's constant sun. This will go on until her body adapts then she'll just have permanently heightened senses and uncanny abilities to do everything faster and read body language really well.

John won't notice any changes in himself and I made sure to get him a job at the grocery store down the road a little ways from their apartment. Never underestimate a fourteen-year-old vampire.

I took care of Darren, the vampire who ambushed John the second day of school and well, he's not going to do anything soon.

I just wish Cas---

"Next," the worker behind the desk broke in interrupting my thoughts about Casey and her coming with me. Good timing, secretary, good timing.

"Hello, I'd like to buy a one-way ticket to Arizona. The sooner the flight the better." I said turning on my charm.

"Okay. Can I see your birth certificate, please?" The secretary asked, knowing I wasn't old enough to drive yet.

"Yes," I replied and pulled out the Photoshopped certificate saying I was fourteen instead of one hundred and fourteen like I really was.

"Okay. That will be $107.00 when you show me your unaccompanied minor paper." she said looking smug. Apparently she thought I was running away and didn't think to bring the paper or something. Jeez. How often do minors run away from sunny California?

"Here you go." I said handing her my unaccompanied minor paper signed and dated.

"Thank you. Here's your ticket. I assume you aren't checking in your bag?" the secretary asked, noticing my carry on.

"No, I'm not. Thank you." I said happy to leave her presence.

After going through security and bomb search I walked up to the gate to find that the plane is already loading. I quickly joined the slow moving line into the hallway and counted the steps it took me to get to the actual aircraft. One hundred and two.

Moments later the pilot was telling us to fasten our seat belts and put our seats and the try tables up so we could take off. I ignored the flight attendant's speech about safety and counted how long it took for us to actually leave the gate. Ten minutes later we were officially off the tarmac. Arizona here I come.

END OF BOOK 1

© SarahRuRu

**A/N: Hey everyone! Sorry for being late! Hope you guys like this chapter! :) You're going to hate the ending though! <3 SarahRuRu**