As If Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough! (Ch. 19)

**A/N: I'm so sorry about my lateness! This chapter isn't my best but it has to be added for... reasons. :) Hope you guys like it though! Feel free to comment, PM, fan, whatever! :) <3 SarahRuRu**

As if Moving, Transferring Schools, and Meeting the Possible Love of My Life Wasn't Enough!

Chapter 19: Expect the Unexpected

Point of view: Casey

I know Sean told me to fake-unconsciousness but I never thought it would be so hard. I mean, sleeping for a couple days is a treat for me. High school requires functioning on little to no sleep so I thought I could finally catch up. Boy was I wrong.

It turns out hospitals are fairly noisy places with the nurses' squeaky shoes and the beeps of the heart monitors not to mention the rushing around of frantic parents, friends, realities, and staff. All day and all night. It was horrible. I spent my time counting the beeps of my heart monitor and listening to the conversations people walking in the hallway had. I slept couple hours a night at best.

My room is by the secretary desk and I can hear John and or Sean calling to check up on me multiple times a day, trying to keep up with the whole she's-not-faking-consciousness-and-we-are-deeply-worried facade I guess. I was listening in on every conversation the receptionist had with friends and family one night when I couldn't sleep, and wow I regret it. Every conversation was more depressing then the last. That was the end of that pass-time.

Everyday around lunch time when there wasn't a thousand nurses walking around, they were on lunch break I presume, I would look over at the card Sean gave me and wonder what's written inside. I wondered if I was important or just a "hope you get better soon" I hoped it was the latter. I've had enough drama for a couple lifetimes. I couldn't help imagining what he could have written. I wish I knew him better, then I could make an educated guess instead of going off on some random idea and driving myself crazy.

I still hear and see a thousand times better then I am supposed to but I'm slowly getting used to it. Most of the time the added sensitivity is annoying, it makes everything so much more annoying. I wonder if Sean-- my thoughts broke off as a nurse walked by and I concentrated on looking unconscious, whatever that's supposed to look like.

"Casey? Are you awake?" I jump at Johns voice, shocked. I didn't hear him coming which is saying a lot. Maybe I drifted off to sleep?

I opened my eyes and waited to see if that was the right reaction. By the look on John's face, it was. He started tearing up and I was slightly confused, he knew I've been awake since Monday. I was about to ask what's wrong but then I saw the doctor walked in. Oh that's why he's acting. Behind the doctor walked in Sean looking as hot as ever wearing worn out jeans and a black t-shirt. I quickly shook my head to try and get the thoughts about Sean out of my head.

I put out my arms so that John would hug me since I had no idea how a newly-conscious person is supposed to act.

"Well good morning, Miss. McMurrough. How are you feeling?" the doctor asked, glancing a my clipboard for my name.

"I'm fine, thank you. I feel good as new. May I leave?" I asked wanting to get right to the point. I was serious though, I feel fine considering the fact I have a broken arm and was unconscious for a few days.

"Well I'm going to run some tests an we'll see about you leaving after that, okay?" the doctor replied looking at me like I was four not fourteen, 'cause that's not irritating at all.

"Okay," I replied trying to keep the anger and annoyance out of my voice. Sensing my attitude the doctor left.

I looked over at Sean trying to read his expression. He looked pained. I hope he isn't still mad at me for thinking this isn't his fault. I was about to ask him about it by the nurse came in and ordered them out so I could be poked and prodded for the next hours as they took their little "tests". Lucky me.

****************************************************************************************************

"Don't forget your card!" a teddy bear like nurse called down the hall to me. I quickly walked over to take it. You would think after want to know it's co tents for two days straight I wouldn't have forgotten.

"Oh my goodness! Thank you so much!" I gushed at the nurse while grabbing the card from her hand.

"Make sure to read it carefully, okay?" I heard the nurse whisper and I looked up in shock about to ask her what she meant. But she had already disappeared to do who knows what with another patient.

"Great now I'm hearing things?" I wondered aloud. What is with my senses?

"Casey let's go!" John yelled from around the corner.

"Jeez, impatient much?" I muttered. And started down the hall.

"Let's go." John said the second he saw me and walked out of the hospital like it was a burning building. Jeez, what's his problem? It's like he's going to die if we don't get home... I went to share this with Sean but much to my surprise he wasn't there when I looked. I stopped mid-stride.

"John where's Sean?" I asked and sprinted to catch up with him my cast hitting my side rhythmically.

"At home." John said power walking to the car. Now I didn't take my time I practically sprinted to the car. I wanted to see Sean and ask how he was and what I missed in the last week. I also wanted to get away from Mr. Irritable.

The car ride seemed excruciatingly long even though it was only a few minutes. he second we entered the parking lot I hopped out of the car not caring that I was moving.

I ran up the steps faster than humanly possible and opened the door thinking Sean would be there to greet me. Much to my surprise the people who greeted me weren't Sean it was the men who kidnapped me and pub me in the hospital in the first place.

© SarahRuRu

**A/N: I'm so sorry about my lateness! This chapter isn't my best but it has to be added for... reasons. :) Hope you guys like it though! Feel free to comment, PM, fan, whatever! :) <3 SarahRuRu**