Chapter 35 ---- Reveal

The norm for becoming a member of the Fraternity was to go through introductions and to familiarize yourself with members of the chapter. The main idea is solidarity, that the pledges will grow closer through their shared identifier. The shorts and bows create an “us.”

The fraternity heads made them wear white tee shirts, black shorts, white socks, white tennis shoes, and a paper bag on their head, because as freshmen they were inclined to the first initiation for that year

Patrick never seen anything like it. He stepped up to the entrance and looked around, the once crowded and enormous school ground seems like isolated from the rest of the world, and the fact that there were few people, all trying to get in----The neophytes.

 There was a huge, tall guy on the front door, who was scanning the crowd with a professional eye, not budging an inch. He caught Patrick's eye and jerked his head forward. He frowned, and turned, thinking he'd meant someone else but the next thing he knew he was .. nothing but darkness.

Most of them were blind folded with two of their fellow pledges. They were guided into the back seat of a car and one of their upperclassmen commanded them to chug the alcoholic punch that had been pre-prepared for each of them in individual 64-ounce water bottles. Simultaneously, Patrick was handed numerous vodka shots from the ‘brother’ sitting in the front seat.

Little did they know that the drink, dubbed as “vomlet”, is an omelet made with vomit, drink until booze was overflowing from his esophagus

Within the context of University of Philippines’ social environment, two intelligent and compassionate men commanded the rest of them to drink a lethal amount of alcohol. And within that same environment, Patrick listened as the fraternity hazing horror begins.

What kind of horrors? asks that lurid corner of his brain

Things happened quickly. After what couldn't have been more than a fifteen-minute drive, Patrick was told to get out of the car. He did — but then he lost all consciousness.

Patrick woke up only to realize they were in a closed room, only wearing their black shorts, white socks, shoes and nothing else. He was about to untie his blindfold only to realize there were thick rope ties bounded on his wrist

Kick. Slap. Paddle

Where does your loyalty lie?” There was a questioning voice, and someone came around the corner, but no one is really sure how he looked like.

“To the brotherhood!” All the neophyte screamed back as Patrick followed suit. His breath was ragged in his throat, pain laced across his back and neck and he couldn't keep his eyes open. Patrick's vision swam as he fought for breath. There was nothing I could do, for a while at least. Maybe I could get strength enough to move...

As the man doubled over in pain, One of the ‘brothers’ stepped in and finished him off with an elbow strike to the nose. Patrick rewarded with a loud breaking sound and a cry of pain as the he dropped to the ground.He gulped in fresh air and lay there, so exhausted he couldn't move.

“What?”

Kick. Slap. Paddle.

“To the brotherhood!”