Chapter 28 --- Decision

Bits and pieces of the last night came back to me slowly and none of them were good. I knew that beyond the curtains the sun had to be shining.

Surprisingly my head wasn't hurting. A flash of Advil, water, and Nina’s steady hand sometime in the middle of the night took care of that mystery. A flash of her smiling, watching how Alex picked us up last night.

The husky, bedroom voice forced me to raise my head and turn towards the woman standing before me. Jet black eyes were staring at me, waiting for an answer.

How many days had it been since someone had asked me if I was alright? My hands shook as I felt  Nina’s gaze run over my being again.

 Then I tightly closed my eyes again, trying to go back to my sleep. As I did, Images of what happened the other night came back to me

“Fine!” I replied back sharply and looked away, not wanting to answer the manager's questions. I dragged my half-sister Sandra with me and another sad thing about it is the fact that Sandra looked utterly wasted as I held her waist and her head resting on my shoulder.

The other downside of that night is the fact that I didn’t bring my wheels with me. It was coding day and I only hail a cab to get to the club I was in awhile ago. I sighed as I marvel the night life I already left months ago.

The city looked beautiful in the moonlight.. Colorful streetlights bloomed and the light night breeze carried the sweet scent of summer. I wanted to climb down the couple of steps and spend some time amidst the colorful lights right in the middle of the highway. I wanted to forget how colorless my own life had become ...

I was tired, my face and shoulders drooped as if shouldering an oppressive weight, the expression on my face fragile and cold, almost bitterly so. I was obviously preoccupied, almost as if lost, as I chewed on my lower lip whilst waiting.

The Blue Jaguar roared up over the rise and skidded to a stop. It sat for a second, before the driver's door opened and a man got out and strode rapidly toward us wearing jeans and a faded denim workshirt.

He looked to be about 6 feet tall, broad-shouldered and muscular with dark short-cropped hair on top, and not much visible anywhere else.

I was happy to see anybody at this point. I prepared to tell the man that we needed a lift, but then paused.

 His expression was severe. What was that on his face?

 “Meg?!” He asked, studying my face carefully. He looked familiar but I couldn't remember where I had met him. Dark hair had chopped-hair a bit, but other than that nothing else I could picture out clearly.

Maybe because of alcohol or something or the pull of liquor on my system is pretty bad. His eyes, however, were that captivating chocolate brown that seemed to see right through me. His nose was straight with an upturned tip and his lips were almost as full as mine.

I was biting my lower lip, wanting him to tug it free. Finally releasing my swollen lip, I turned towards him, my eyes dark with anger.

 “Listen mister, whoever you are,” I said, pointing my finger towards him, “I want you to leave us alone.”

But instead of backing off or be taken aback by my statement, He just laughed it off which, in so many ways, is bloody effin annoying and before he could even form a reply,  I had stomped off.

His voice wasn't loud but the message was clear. He was still looking at my retreating figure and just when I thought I already lost him when his voice died out in the near vicinity, his car was right next to me