Chapter 32 --- Stay

"And so I'm supposed to shut up and bear it. After all, I'm just your friend."

 "Iniisip mo lang yun, Meg. It’s all of what you think you are. Its--" he bit out.

 "No. It's what you make me by how you treat me," I countered.

 "And how do I treat you? Don't I tell you enough how much I love you?"

 "Words aren't enough, Patrick. I know you're good with words. You student-lawyers are a master at them. You manipulate them too well to make them mean what you want them to.”
I began to pace and then frustratingly ran my hands through my hair. I stopped just to turn around and exclaimed

I don't want your words. I want your actions! I want you to stand by your words and show me what I mean to you. That I'm much more than a couple of days of fucking every night."

 He looked at me for a long moment and then sighed. "Is that what you think this trip is? A casual fuck?"

 I lowered my eyes from his intense gaze and took my time answering. “Pat, can you see my point of view here at all? We fulfill needs in each other that no one else can. We compliment each other. I enjoy your mind, your sense of humor, our conversations, common interests... intellectual, physical and spiritual stimulation, you give me everything. I'm happiest when I'm with you. And I suppose you are too. So isn't it natural for me to want more?” 

I stopped and took a deep breath. "I realize we have different lives beyond what we have together, but all I'm asking is that when you're with me, you give me your all but I can never be as selfish as that knowing you are engage. Not just to someone but to my sister nonetheless"

I switched off the TV, and carried on packing my things from Patrick’s closet. I really wanted to get out of this place, all the bad memories. I couldn't believe I let another man walk all over me again. After vowing that I would never be like my mom, but inevitably because I loved him so much, I let him delude me that there can be something more between us.

Just as I bent down to retrieve one of my shoes, a sudden nauseous feeling hit me and I felt sick. I ran to the bathroom and leaned myself against the toilet trying to empty the content from my stomach.

I heard the bedroom door opened but my own tears quickly muffled it. I was sitting on the floor and throwing up. 

 “Meg...are you p-pregnant?"

I froze. Taking a deep breath, I took a tissue to wipe my mouth and turned round to look at him. My expression was cold but I smiled at him. It wasn't a warm smile, but it was almost mocking him.

"I'm pregnant?" I smirked, but the tears in my eyes almost contradicted my cold behavior towards him, "Nasuka lang pregnant agad?" I laughed bitterly,

"No, maybe you think I'm stupid, and that's the worst thing that can happen to me. You would've never given a damn if I was pregnant or not. You’re so selfish you didn't care about anything else. I've been on the pill for the past few months because my worst nightmare would be having you as the father of" I slapped my hand against my chest emphasizing my point, "my children." I didn't want to see him, though I knew I loved him, every time I thought back to how he treated me, I couldn't forgive him. The mere sight of him made me so sick.