32 - Edge

ok i'm gonna have to warn you guys about ahem...the events of this chapter. i haven't marked anything but if you're below 13 years old PLEASE DO NOT READ THE MIDDLE SECTION OF THIS CHAPTER AND SKIP STRAIGHT TO LUKE'S POV OKAY? i know you won't but i'll feel better knowing i warned you. 

and for god's sake don't judge me when you read this xD and i know you guys are gonna lurrrvee it <3

-------------------------------------------------------------

32 - Edge

Maya Sumedh

The cottage was large and spacious, only one room and a bathroom complete with an outdoor shower. As soon as we entered, Lay flopped face down on the bed, removing her glasses just in time.

 “I’m so tired,” she mumbled, words muffled by the sheets.

 “I’m not, surprisingly,” I realized, heading for the bathroom to splash some water on my face to get rid of the oily feeling.

 She made a noise that sounded like ‘hnggh’ and didn’t move.

 I spent the next fifteen minutes placing our suitcases in a corner and hanging our outfits for the next day up in the fancy closet and doing some basic unpacking of shampoo and soap to the bathroom. Just as I was contemplating raiding the minibar (and Lay was still a corpse on the bed) the doorbell rang.

 She moved her head, and peered at me through one hazy blue-green eye.

 “I’ll get it,” I said unnecessarily.

 I opened the door to reveal Sam, changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, grinning down at me.

 “I’d like to borrow Ms. D’Souza please,” he said without preamble.

 I made a face. “I think she’s tired –”

 “No I’m not,” Lay said brightly, popping up next to me. I rolled my eyes.

 Sam gave her an amused look.

 “You do look tired.”

 She scowled at him. “Shut up. What do you want?”

 A mysterious look clouded his features.

 “Change your clothes and I’ll show you.”

 I grinned as an excited look came into Lay’s eyes and she squeaked ‘just a sec’ and sprinted to the bathroom. Then I turned back to Sam.

 “Where are you taking her?”

 He shook his head. “No can tell.”

 I gave him my dirtiest look and he blew me a kiss. How gay.

 “Whatever.”

 Just as I was about to go back into the room, someone else came jogging down the path, blonde hair glowing in the dim light.

 Luke grinned at me as he drew up and stood beside Sam. He’d changed; he was wearing his basketball shorts and a t-shirt.

 “Sup?”

 I couldn’t make sense of what was happening. It was almost fucking midnight for God’s sake, and the boys were gatecrashing our cottage.

 “I don’t understand,” I mumbled weakly.

 “You’re alone, I’m alone,” Luke shrugged. “Might as well be alone in the same cottage.”

 Sam coughed. I kicked him.