25.1 - Accidental

ok so as you guys know this chapter is maya's dance ehehe. you can watch the video on the side if you like, i think it'll just make things clearer for you. i imagine her costume to be something like the picture and what the dancer is wearing in the video. and if you can't understand some words in this chapter, dw about it. it doesn't matter. 

 anyway so this is just the first part of this chapter, next one coming up soon. enjoy :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

25.1 - Accidental

Maya Sumedh

The drive to the venue of the engagement was fidgety on my part to say the least.

 “Maya,” Luke murmured in my ear for the hundredth time, “Calm down.”

 “I’m calm,” I mumbled, stuffing my hands under my thighs and looking out the window at the passing Delhi traffic. “Calm as a cucumber.”

 Luke chuckled softly, using the blaring music in the car as a cover for our conversation.

 “I would kiss you to cheer you up, but...”

 “Don’t you dare.”

 He laughed and put an arm around my shoulder. Sam leaned across him.

 “You’re gonna be fine, Soapmouth. What’re you scared of? You’re a pro.”

 To be honest the only reason I was nervous was because of Luke – he had never seen me dance before – otherwise I really would’ve been calmer.

 “I dunno, Sam,” I mumbled, shuffling closer into the warmth of Luke’s side, burying myself under his arm – it smelled very Luke in there. He squeezed my shoulder, trying to be reassuring.

 Abruptly Ma turned around in the front seat, holding out her phone.

 “Sweetie it’s Arjun on the line, he wants to talk to you.”

 I pursed my lips and took the phone, pressing it to my ear.

 “I’m going to kill you, you faggot.”

 “Is that how you talk to your cousins, dear Maya?”

 Arjun’s baritone voice on the other end was amused. I crossed my arms.

 “I don’t want to dance at your freaking engagement!”

 “But you love to dance!” Arjun protested. At this Sam murmured something to Luke of which I caught snatches (you, nervous, boyfriend). Leaning across, I smacked Sam on the thigh.

 “Shut up,” I hissed. He grinned at me.

 “Arjun, I’m doing you a huge favour and you owe me,” I said into the phone. He chuckled.

 “Okay, okay. Just wanted to confirm that you’re actually doing it and that you’re not being a chicken and backing out...”

 I gasped. “A chicken?! Arjun Saldanha if you dare call me a chicken once again –”

 Sam was cracking up, Luke was clearly suppressing his laughter, Arjun was laughing like he always is.

 “Calm down, Maya. I’ll see you when you reach okay? Karen’s gonna have my head if I don’t get off the phone already –”

 “You guys aren’t even married yet and she’s already biting your head off,” I muttered, rolling my eyes. “Off to a flying start.”

 “Shut up,” he said, chuckling.