Chapter 30

Niall's p.o.v

"You ready?" Harry asks, holding my hand tighter with his warm one.

How can he be so confident? Always so calm and strong, I envy that. But I am strong, not as strong as I can be, but I am getting there.

"Y-yeah." I breathe out, I'm far from ready, but backing out now is not even an option. If I have been able to get to the school's parking lot, then I sure as hell can get my ass inside that damn building. What scares me, is to face everyone. Everyone that bullied me for not speaking, for being such a worthless person, and now... now they are suppose to be different - acording to Harry. Which I do believe, but it's sad that I had to go through hell from them to actually start caring about me.

I take a deep breath before Harry opens the door, the door that separated me from the people that used to make me hate myself more than anything. No one knows that today is the day I'm coming back, not even the teachers. Will they... be surprised and maybe even happy that I'm back?

As we walk in, eyes fall upon us right away. Uncomfortable isn't even enough to describe how I am feeling now, I just want to go home, this feels so wrong, I don't belong here.

Harry just holds my hand and almost have to drag me with him, but now something happened that I never ever thought would happen. Someone said hi to me, and I didn't get called Freak.

"Hey, welcome back Niall." a girl said and smiled brightly, shit, what do I do? Say hello back? Smile? Or just stay quiet... like before. I decided to answer with probably the most awkward smile ever.

I don't know if I'm ready to let the world hear my voice yet, there's nothing stopping me though. I actually would love to talk to the people around me, but I'm still scared. Scared that they will hate my voice and actually want me to shut up.

"See, I told you they would be glad that you're back." Harry smiles at me.

"Mhm." but this don't mean everyone's glad I'm here.

When we get to the classroom, I sigh in relief, just a few people are here. But they actually smiled at me and Harry, they even said hi. Again, I just smile lightly and sit down next to my boyfriend.

"Are you okay?" Harry knows how much I've feared this day, and he's probably worried that I might get a panic attack or something - it tends to happen when things get to much.

"I... think I am." I quietly answer, still not wanting anyone to hear me.

"Babe, it's okay for you to speak louder, you don't have to be quiet."

"I know, but it's scary." I admit while looking into Harry's beautfiul eyes.

"Why?"

"It's just that... I-" I shut my mouth when more people walked in, great. The look on their faces when they saw me, was kind of funny. They all looked so shocked, but most of them said hi and it made me slightly happy inside.

But that happy feeling dies the second I see Josh and Louis, apperantly they still hate me - the feeling's mutual.

Josh and Louis both stop walking when they see me, I just look away, I don't want to see them.

"Well well, look who's back." Josh laughs as he walks over to his seat, "took you long enough, Freak." there sthat word, that name... I hate it.

"Josh, shut up." Harry gives them both a angry glare before turning his attention to me.

"Harry, you shut up." Louis spat, "it's actually kind of sad that they found you Freak, it would be so much better if that teacher had killed you or something... because the truth is, no one wants you here."

Harry was about to get up - and probably try and beat the shit out of Louis. But I got up before him and I stand still for a few second, to later turn around and face those two assholes.

"I..." my voice so quiet that no one could hear me. I take a deep breath, and close my eyes for a split second. "My n-name is Niall, not Freak." I say, loud and clear. No one could really believe that I just spoke, they all look at me like I'm some kind of ghost.

"By the way, next time you want to say something to me, don't even bother, you see... I don't understand the language 'idiot'." I smile at them before turning around, I sit down again and it seriously takes me seconds to realize what I just did. That I... finally spoke up for myself. That I let people hear my voice. Oh my god.

Where the hell did that courage come from?

"Babe, what was that?" Harry was just as surprised as everyone else.

"I... I don't know."

-

hey cuties!as usual, I am very sorry for not updating... but I've been trying to sort my life out. AND things are quite okay at the moment! c:

this chapter is not good, i haven't been writing in like foreeever. but I really wanted to write today, so yeah...

honestly I don't know what I want with this story anymore, i would love to start a new one, with my own characters. Don't get me wrong, I love writing Narry, but it would be fun to make up two people and yeah :) i will try and finish this story, even though all my ideas seems so bad that I don't really know how to end it...

i missed you guys! ;_;

thanks for reading & hope you liked it!

xx bella