Chapter 29.

"I'll get it." Louis calls as he hears the doorbell ring. They'd texted Niall about the possibility of a Skype date, but he'd opted for calling around instead seeing as he was in the neighbourhood anyway.

Louis saunters over to Harry's front door, legs still feeling a little shaky from the shower he'd shared with Harry earlier. A shower that may or may not have included mutual blow jobs.

He swings the door open and is greeted with a one armed, yet enthusiastic, hug from Niall. "So weird seeing you open Harry's door." Niall exclaims, patting Louis on the back. "Mm, get used to it." Louis laughs, shutting the door behind him and leading him into the living room where Harry's sat. He waves at the two of them from where he's sat on the sofa, tiny red gym shorts and a cotton t-shirt, hair thrown up in a bun. "Hello," he sings, grinning at them.

Niall flops himself down next to Harry on the sofa, pulling him into a hug. "Hiiii, Harry." He replies, dragging out the words like a song.

"Hiiii, Niall." Harry mimics him, leaning his head against Niall's shoulder.

"Alright, bloody hell." Louis interjects bouncing himself down next to Niall. "This ismy boyfriend you're flirting with."

Niall raises his eyebrows, mouth dropping open into a smirk as he looks at Louis. "Boyfriend? So it's official then?"

Harry smiles, lips pressed together and nodding slowly. "Yup. As of last night." Louis can't stop his face from contorting into an embarrassingly wide grin at Harry's words. Holy shit, they're official. Niall slings an arm over the both of their shoulders, pulling them in tight. "Love you boys."

They all giggle, wrapping their arms around each other and it feels reminiscent of the early days. The times when they'd all pile on top of each other for no reason in particular other than they liked the close proximity. When they pull apart, Louis tweaks Niall's nipple. "So, me and Harry need to talk to you about something."

"If it's a threesome proposal I love you but not that much."

"Dammit," Louis sighs playfully, "Knew we should have gone for Liam."

Harry chuckles, reaching in front of Niall to poke Louis' cheek. Louis bites at his finger, forgetting Niall's existence for a second. He's quickly reminded by Niall obnoxiously clearing his throat.

"Shall we try and Skype Liam first, so we can all talk about it together?" Harry suggests, chewing his thumbnail.

"Why?" Niall interjects, worry in his voice. "What's going on?"

"S'nothing bad, Niall." Louis assures him, "Just...contract stuff."

"You don't want to resign, do you?" Niall replies almost instantly.

Harry and Louis blink at each other, surprised he caught on so easily. "How did you..." Harry begins.

"I mean, why would ya?" Niall shrugs. "Don't blame either of you at all."

"Are you...pissed off?" Louis asks quietly, biting his lip.

Niall shakes his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "Of course not. I'm just worried, I suppose. S'quite a big deal, like."

Harry nods at him, focused gaze. "Yeah, it is. But we think it's best for all of us, y'know. We could sign with a new label, now we've got experience and pulling power we can choose what's best for us as a band."

"I'm with you completely. Our contracts are a fuckin' joke, s'just the thought of getting on the wrong side of Sony." Niall ponders, chewing his lip.

Louis swallows, he sees the way Harry's eyes are glued to floor and suddenly he wishes Niall wasn't sat in between them. Wants to hold Harry's hand. "What's the worst they can do?" Louis asks, sounding a lot braver than he feels. "Honestly, we know who we are. The fans know who we are. Our team fucking up album promo is nothing new, and neither is making us look like complete dickheads in the press." He flicks his fringe, swiping through it with his fingers. "I'm not scared of them."