Chapter 17.

When Louis wakes, there's a good few moments where he all but forgets where he is, what happened the night before. His mind wakes up before his body and visions of last night flood his brain, Harry's lips on his lips, on his neck, his chest. His hands all over his body, just touching everywhere. The words that had left Harry's lips, I'm not going anywhere.

And he hasn't. Louis blinks his eyes open, vision focusing on the soft curve of Harry's spine in front of him. Neither of them remembered to close the blinds before they fell in to the guest bed last night, the morning sun creeping in and drenching the room in a blanket of clean light. The cotton white blanket hangs off of Harry's form, draped over his waist. His hair has escaped the bun, falling all over the pillow like a halo around his head. It's quiet enough that Louis can hear clearly the pattern of Harry's breathing, deep inhales and exhales, chest rising and falling with each. Nothing else interrupts the silence, just the ringing in Louis' ears from the loud music last night.

It's like waking up in a new age, like Louis' life can now be divided into two parts; before kissing Harry and after kissing Harry. It feels like he's suspended, lying here to next to him. Like he's hanging on a wire, thin and easily cut. The moment Harry wakes up, the moment they turn to each other will decide whether or not he falls to the ground below.

He supposes the fact that Harry stayed in bed with him has to count for something, that fact he didn't wait until Louis fell asleep before slinking away and leaving him with nothing. Harry could wake up and pretend nothing ever happened, ignore their naked bodies and shaky muscles. Laugh off last night, play it like a joke, the way they always used to when they'd toed that line into more than friends territory.

It won't be long before he finds out, if the way Harry's muscles are starting to twitch and his breath getting lighter are anything to go by. Louis holds his breath as he watches Harry adjust his weight, eyes still closed, rolling on his side to face Louis. He keeps holding it as he takes in Harry's features, in awe of the boy laying in front of him. He's gorgeous. Always is. Harry brings his arm up from underneath him, swiping his hair off his face and rubbing at his eyes in a languid, lazy motion. His lips are a little chapped and Louis' watches the way he moves his tongue out of his mouth, licking over them, leaving them wet and pink.

Louis freezes as Harry blinks his eyes open, he just lies there, staring at him. It's like looking straight into an eclipse, knowing you shouldn't, the sight too beautiful and rare to stop yourself. And this is rare. Up until this point in time Louis has never witnessed waking up in bed next to Harry, but now it's happening and Louis cant understand how he went so long without it.

Harry scrunches up his features, Louis feels him stretch his legs under the covers. "Mm," Harry mumbles, "Mornin'." His voice is like gravel, rough and scratchy and it leaves his lips through a lopsided smile.

It takes Louis a second to respond, trying to make sure words will come out if he opens his mouth. "Hello," he responds, all high pitched and squeaky.

"Hi." Harry grins back at him, "Time is it?"

Louis has no idea, time doesn't really exist to him right now. "Don't know," he responds, biting his lip as he watches Harry comb his fingers through his long hair.

Harry yawns, covering his mouth with his hand and pulling the covers further up over him and Louis with the other. He looks directly at Louis, right into his eyes like he's not afraid of what he might find there. "Can't believe you're in my bed."

And that's the moment, really. The way his voice sounds so soft, so full of wonder and awe. Like he's just as ecstatic to find Louis' stayed as Louis' is to find he did. Like they're on the same page.