Chapter 27.

Louis wakes up and almost forgets where he is, the morning sun shining through the material of the tent and tinting everything a strange translucent green, alien atmosphere. The air mattress squeaks underneath him as he stretches, his weight tipping it slightly so that Harry's form presses against his side.

He tilts his body, lying on side, before he snakes his arms around Harry, wrapping him in close. Everything is hazy, his mind still stuck in that just woken up grogginess, yet Harry's skin against his own still shoots electricity down his spine.

He feels Harry's muscles twitch under his touch, little movements of limbs that are just beginning to wake up. The back of his neck tastes like salt and sleep as he brushes his hair aside to plant his mouth there instead, kissing his skin for no reason in particular. His arms loop over Harry's waist and Louis fans his palm out flat against his stomach, feeling the way it rises and falls with each shallow breath Harry takes. Louis can't help but kiss him some more, down the back of his neck and over his shoulder blades. Just small brushes of his lips against Harry's skin, delicate and like little sprinklings of sugar.

Harry lets out a heavy breath under him, his hips twitching and eyelids fluttering open. He sighs in content as Louis presses a firmer kiss against the top ridge in his spine.

"Morning," Louis utters against the round of Harry's shoulder.

"G'mornin'," Harry gravels back, voice husky and heavy with the weight of a nights sleep behind it.

Louis pulls him in closer, hugging him in tight. "Did I wake you?"

Harry shakes his head in small motions, hair tickling at Louis' mouth. "I was already awake."

Louis scoffs, biting gently at his shoulder. "I could hear you snoring."

"Liar." Harry grumbles, turning on his side to face Louis. He reaches out with his thumb and swipes over Louis' cheekbone before touching their lips together just once. "I wasawake. You talk in your sleep."

Louis feels himself blush, his embarrassing sleep habits include, but aren't limited to, sleep talking. "I was probably just moaning about how much you hog the bed." He quips, jabbing Harry lightly in the ribs.

Harry raises his eyebrows. "Oh, you weredefinitely moaning. Sounded quite content to me though."

Louis drops his mouth open, pinching Harry's sides and making him squirm. "Shut up! You're awful." He tickles Harry's ribs with all the energy he can muster having just woken up.

Harry grips at his wrists, laughing breathlessly. Harry lightens his voice, high pitched tone like he's mocking Louis. "Ah, Harry, harder."

Louis flattens his palm over Harry's mouth, muffling the obscene noises he's making. "I do not sound like that!"

Louis feels Harry's tongue slip out of his mouth to lick at his palm and he yanks it away in mock disgust. Harry gives him a devilish grin in return, eyes still puffy from sleep. "We could go for round two and you could show me what you do sound like."

"You've already forgotten last night then, have you?" Louis teases, flicking Harry's nose. "I'm insulted."

Harry bites at his finger, wriggling his body closer to Louis'. "I don't think I'll ever forget last night."

Louis swallows, playful atmosphere dispersing for a moment. Louis doesn't think he'll ever forget it either. The sex and the 'I love you's' and the whispered promises of a proper relationship. He licks his lips, focusing his attention on the soft lines of Harry's face. His boyfriends face.

Harry gazes at him, eyes unfocused and pupils blown in the darkness of the tent. Louis reaches around the back of his neck, curling his fingers in his hair and bringing their lips together. It's a lazy kiss, the perfect morning embrace. Soft and slow, lips dragging past each other and breath shallow in their throats. Harry's lips are warm against Louis', plump and wet and there's that sourness of the morning there but it's counteracted by the absolute sweetness of the situation at hand.