Chapter 31. (Final Chapter)

They count together, Louis struggling to contain his giggles at the ridiculousness of the situation. When they get to three, there's a pause. It's accidental but both of them end the call with an 'I love you,' rushed from their lips at the same time.

Louis hangs up and locks his phone. His cheeks hurt from smiling.

*

Louis' almost asleep when he hears the front door open and Harry throwing his keys down onto the telephone table. It's like an automatic reaction, whenever Harry's involved he suddenly gets all warm and mushy. It's only slightly embarrassing.

Harry peeks through the living room door, meeting Louis' eyes and offering him a little wave. "Hello."

Louis yawns, sitting up on the sofa and without saying a word, extends his arms outwards making grabby motions with his hands.

Harry barely blinks before he's launching himself at Louis, landing right on top of him. Louis lets out a disgruntled noise, Harry's elbow getting him right in the ribs. "You're like a bloody Great Dane that thinks it's a lap dog." Louis exasperates, wriggling his way out from underneath the tangled pile of limbs that is Harry. "You're suffocating me."

Harry just giggles, shuffling himself around so that he's more in Louis' lap and less draped over the entirety of his body. He nuzzles right in to Louis' neck, wrapping his arms around whatever part of Louis he can get to.

Louis sort of melts, the warmth of Harry turning him into nothing more than a pile of goo with human features. "You smell nice." Louis notes, stroking Harry's hair down against his back.

"So do you." Harry mumbles into Louis' shirt, nose tickling at his collarbones.

"Get under the covers and cuddle me properly then." Louis replies, torn between having Harry's warm body on top of him or regaining the feeling in his legs.

Harry complies instantly, shrugging himself up off the sofa and letting Louis lift the blanket up so he can crawl back underneath it.

They lie side by side, there's no where near enough room on the sofa for the both of them but Louis almost likes it that way. He tangles his legs up with Harry's under the covers before draping an arm across him and resting his fingers on Harry's hip underneath his shirt. His skin is soft and it's warm, feels so nice under Louis' fingertips.

"What are we watching?" Harry asks, craning his neck to look at the TV.

"Mm, nothing really." Louis replies, turning the volume down on an old episode of America's Next Top Model that he definitely hasn't seen at least twice before.

"Isn't this the episode where one of them steals the others granola bars and then the other flips out and takes revenge by pouring all her energy drinks down the sink?" Harry asks, pointing at the brunette model on the screen.

Louis laughs gently, nodding his head. "Yeah, we never get to find out if she actually did steal the granola bar though."

Harry tuts, "Talk about a cliff hanger."

"Riveting stuff, I know." Louis squeezes Harry's hip, pulling him in a little closer. "How was Jeff?"

"Good." Harry nods, "Yeah, really good."

Louis doesn't know why he asks, why he feels the need to know. "Say anything about me?"

Harry juts his bottom lip out like he's thinking. "He really likes you."

Louis scoffs, "He barely knows me."

"He does." Harry shrugs, "I've told him a lot about you."

"Really?" Louis asks, a twang of nerves in his stomach. "Like what?"