Chapter 24.

It sort of takes the wind out of Louis, seeing Harry naked. It's not even like he's not used to it, Harry's never been shy towards the idea of nudity, it's just...a lot to take in now. Like, that's Harry's body and Louis is allowed to touch whatever part of he wants to. He's allowed to kiss and lick and suck and put his hands all over it.

"Alright?" Harry asks him with a raised eyebrow and smirk once they're stood nude in front of the water.

"Great, yeah." Louis replies, trying to keep his gaze above the waist. He crosses his own arms over his chest, hugging his sides. He can't help but feel a little self conscious. He doesn't have rippled abs or a bulging six pack or the most defined V lines in the world and he's never been the most secure about his body. He watches Harry's eyes drag slowly over his form as he replies and it makes him blush a hot pink. He rolls his eyes at himself when he remembers that Harry had him laid naked on a bed whilst he practically sucked the life out of him via his cock not even twenty four hours ago.

"Shall we jump in then?"

Louis nods, edging closer to the water. "Will you hold my hand?"

Harry coos at him, extending his arm and holding out his hand for Louis to grab onto. "Are you scared?"

"Little bit." Louis shivers as a rain drop trickles right down his spine.

Harry squeezes his fingers, his voice coming out deep and his gaze focusing directly on Louis' eyes when he says, "I've got you."

Louis nods slowly, taking Harry in. He knows the water is going to be cold, probably enough to take his breath away for a moment. It might get in his eyes and it's definitely going to mess up his hair. None of that seems to matter though, not when he sees the way Harry is looking at him like he's the best thing he's ever laid eyes on. Not when he glances down to the way their fingers are interlocked, gripping tightly on to each other. Even the thought of the freezing water seems irrelevant when he remembers he'll have Harry's body heat to warm him right back up again.

"I've got you, too." Louis tells him, catching Harry's grin and offering his own back.

"On three?" Harry asks, turning his head to face the water.

Louis nods, taking a deep breath before counting out loud. "One, two,"

Harry joins in on three, both of them shouting the number out into the empty expanse of the woods.

Louis almost doesn't feel the sensation of his feet leaving the ground, of launching himself into the air, hand in hand with Harry. He feels it when they hit the water though, whole body submerging underneath the surface. His eyes are shut tight and he hears the rush of water against his ears, the breathlessness and otherworldly feeling that being under water provides him with.

For a moment he feels suspended, in a vortex of silence and complete weightlessness, only familiarity being Harry's fingers still gripping tight against his. His body pushes itself back up to the exterior and it's loud and sharp when his head breaks the water barrier. The rain hammers against the surface of the lake, a downpour slapping against the smooth consistency, breaking it up like bullets against glass.

He shakes his head, spraying the water from his hair and eyes, prising his lids open. Everything is blurry for a second before Harry comes into focus next to him. He's grinning from ear to ear, hair soaking wet and sticking to his forehead, arms moving against the water, bringing his body in closer to Louis.

"It's fucking freezing!" He calls out with a laugh over the noise of the rain and the gushing of water.

"I know!" Louis responds, flattening his hair back and treading water, torn between laughing and trying to take back the breath the sharp cold stole from him.