Perrie Edwards

Why am I so stupid?

I couldn't even answer one stupid question. My parents are gonna get angry with the grades I'm getting here.

A, B, A, C, C, F, C.

Those are my grades so far this year. That F is just towering over me, like a thundering cloud that is eager to let out its pouring rain.

In class I couldn't help but imagine myself actually becoming famouse. Me, standing on a stage in front of an ear pitching crowd.

I smiled at the thought as I walked through the hallways. People all around smiled at me, giving me a small wave, then turning back to their conversations.

I get a lot of attention here for some reason. I'm stupid, yet everyone seems to look up to me, as if I'm their queen. I guess you could say I am. Even though I may not be passing all my classes, I have the highest grade in vocal class, the most important one you'll ever take if you want to make it big in the singing business. The teacher, Mrs. Ledak, secretly tells me that I have the best voice out of all of her classes. It's an amazing compliment, since I know a whole bunch of people with wonderful voices.

I guess it wasn't a whole secret anymore. I was ranked number 1 in becoming big. It's something I wanted to brag about to everyone, but when I took a look at the miserable faces, I decided to keep it hidden inside.

As I got closer to my dorm, I was soon able to glance at the new girl who was walking with Jade.

They seem to have hit it off easily. I'm a little jelouse. My friends only hang out with me when they need something. I mean, they're my best friends; I can't let them go. But if I could, I'd hang out with someone like Jade.

She's talented, yet everyone hates her. If anything is stupider than me, it's the hatred thrown at her. I think people try to keep the rumor of her having herpes alive so that they can beat her in any competition they get.

It makes sense.

This entire school is a competition.

Most of the teachers only favorite the ones who they think have talent.

Now, what was the new girl's name again? Oh yeah, Lou-Anna, or something. It's an unusual name. Why isn't it Leigh-Anne?

Anyways, before they could disappear from my sight, I tried to catch up.

"Perrie...Perrie."

A voice rang from behind me, giving me a chill. It seemed to make all my hairs stand up. It sounded familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

Suddenly, everything became silent. Not a sound could be heard.

I turned around.

No one was there.

Not even the people I just said "Hi" to. I found it strange, and started to feel a little panicky.

I bit my lip, walking backwards untill I bumped into a wall. My eyes kept wondering around, trying to find someone, but I couldn't see anyone at all.

I closed my eyes.

The sound of chattering then appeared. Voices all around me could be heard.

I opened my eyes again.

Everyone was there. Groups of misfits hung near the bathroom. Groups of peppy girls talked about the latest fashion trend near their little private hang out.

It was all back to normal.

I took a deep breath, my hand slowly tracing the wall behind me untill a slight pain sprung into my pinky.

I lifted my hand to find a small cut. Blood oozed out, trickling down my finger. A paper cut. It was paper cut.

Turning around, my eyes landed on the piece of paper that gave me this misery.

It read," Talent show, June 24 at 3:40. Be there! Write your name under if you want to participate."

I stared at it for a second, processing the words little by little. I then realized what it meant.

I screamed out in joy, forgetting the blood that had already made it to my wrist, and forgetting the whole incident that just occured.

I ignored the people around me, even though everyone's eyes were on me, watching my every move.

"Perrie, are you okay?" Alexis, a close friend asked me from nearby.

I nodded with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"Yeah, well okay. You've been acting strange lately. I'm worried about you. See you."

As Alexis walked away, her skirt fluttered around her, rising a few times to tease some boys.

I was really excited for the talent show. It is about two weeks away. I always wanted to be in a band. It has been my dream since I was 7.

I kept thinking about the exciting things I could do, untill an amazing thought appeared in my mind.

I could get Jade with some other people to form a band!

It could help her out too. You know, with the rumor incident. She'll finally get passed that, and people will then welcome her.

As I walked I bumped into someone, knocking me down.

"Oh sorry," I said even though I was the one who fell. The blood from pinky had dried off a bit, but some stained the floor.

"Watch it, Edwards."

I looked up to see Jesy. Her brown eyes peirced into mine as she crossed her arms.

She's said to be the meanest girl in school. One look in the eyes and you'll be taking off.

It wasn't me who took off though.

Before I could respond, Jesy had already walked away, while I was still sitting on the ground with my bum hurting.

I got up and starting walking away like nothing happened.

Until someone grabbed my hand and pulled me.