Leigh-Anne Pinnock

Jade held my hand as we walked along the long hallway. From the corner of my eye, I could see people staring and whispering. It wasn't unusual for me at all, but the expressions seemed to be of hatred, not of pity or curiosity.

I became aware that Jade didn't seem to be bothered by it at all. It's as if she's used to it or something, which honestly bothers ME.

I stayed close to Jade as she pointed out which room was which, even though I've already been informed. She seemed happy so I let her keep going. Either way, I can't even tell her.

"That room over there is basically like choir. The teacher, Mrs. Ledak, often helps with our vocals. She's my favorite teacher!"

Jade had a grin plastered on her face, and she kept hold of it through the entire walk.  I, instead, decided to keep my head hidden, and stared down at the blue tiles on the floor. I was still listening of course. I didn't want to seem rude.

"Here we are," I heard Jade say.

I quickly looked back up, expecting to see a very eloquent door, but instead I was staring at a purple painted one, that held up a sign that read, "Jade," in bubbly letters. It was cute, but deffinitly not what I was expecting.

We walked in the room, finally letting go of Jade's hand. The room was neatly organized, thankfully. I wasn't into the whole messy roommate thing. My grandma would always tell me it's best to keep clean unless I would want a room filled with bugs. I hate bugs, which is the reason I always listened to her.

Anyways, the room had the wall painted a lighter shade of purple than the door, and the floor was covered with glimmering white tiles. There was a mini fridge in the corner of the room that was facing her bunk bed that was on the opposite corner. There was a plasma T.V. on the wall a little bit to the left of the mini fridge. In front of the T.V. was a little black table that contained a vase with flowers.  In front of the table was a soft looking L-shaped white couch. It was pretty impressive to be honest.

"Oh, um where do you want to sleep, on the top bunk or the bottom?"

My eyes averted to hers, quickly  pointing to the bottom.

" 'Kay," Jade replied. She seemed to be relieved, making me happy that I made a good choice.

I want to know more stuff about this girl. She says she gets bullied often, but I dont see what there is to bully about her. Her outfit is pretty cute with suspenders and high-waisted jeans, and her body seems to be perfect, along with her face. Those eyes of hers are always filled with so much kindness and joy, that their so hard not to look at. It amazes me that she and others don't seem to notice. Like, is everyone in this academy a prick, or something? Why the fuck would someone want to hurt her besides jealousy.

  Before thinking, I took out my journal and started writing in it.

"Oh, you want to tell me something?" Jade had said, stopping whatever it was she was doing and giving me her attention.

I held the paper up, at first trying to find where she was at, then turning it towards her.

"I would like to know more about you if it's alright. You say, you get bullied, but what kind of fucktard would do that?," she read out loud as she sat on the couch. When finished, she let out a small laugh. From the guess of it, it was probably from the use of 'fucktard'.

"Okay, well of you want to learn about me I'll start with the reason I'm here. I want to become a.."

She stopped midway, seeming hesitant to tell me, as if it could hurt me in any way.

I gave her a confused look to let her know that she could keep going. Her face showed fear for some reason. It couldn't be that bad could it?

"Well, um I want to become a singer," she said slowly, looking down at her hands.

Was that it? Did she think I would get mad at her for her ability of singing?

I smiled.

She must be really afraid of hurting someone's feelings, but I dont care at all whether that person can speak and I can't. Yes, I deeply wish I could speak again, but I've been mute for such a long time that I just.. don't give a fuck!

"Sorry! I don't want to rub it in you're fa-"

I stopped her midway by waving my hands and shaking my head. I wanted to let her know that it was alright, and that she wasn't bragging at all.

"So you're fine with it?" She asked.

I nodded. Why wouldn't I be? I'm not stupid. Well, I'm not smart neither.

Jade let out a sigh, showing a relieved smile. It was one of those smiles of hers that I loved.

"Okay, good. So I came here to become a singer. I've always wanted to be one ever since primary school! So, when I came here, I was friends with this one girl named Mimi. She was lovely. Or so I thought. After the second week of being here, she started hanging out with the 'popular' crew. Something happened to her. When I would try to talk to her, she would just ignore me. Later on, I guess the popularity got into her head, and she didn't want to be seen with me. I guess it's the whole group separation you see in all teen movies. One day, she spread a rumor about me. She claimed that I had sex with this guy I met in a club. Yes a club. It's stupid because I'm not allowed to go to clubs at my age, and neither is anyone else in this academy besides the teachers. Well, she later on said that I had caught herpes, I think, from the guy. Well, you know the rest."

I stared at her with wide eyes. Someone did that to her, and people actually believed that bitch? What is wrong with people these days?! My father, that girl, Mimi, why were people like them brought to this world?

Jade's expression changed to a frown. Her face seemed to have lost its brightness, making me lose a little of mine as well.

"Moving on, my favorite colors are  purple and teal. Uh, I'm pretty much in love with biscuits (A.K.A cookies), I'm terrified of clowns. Ew, they give me the creeps!"

Jade shivered at the thought of it as she made one of the stupidest, yet most adorable, face I've ever seen.

"Now, don't just stand there-" Jade patted the couch, motioning me to come sit next to her, "-and come tell me about yourself."

I looked down, realizing taht I've been standing in the same spot for such a long time. My feet had even started to hurt a bit.

I bit my lip in embarrassment, before walking towards her and sitting down, with my journal and pen in hand.

I thought about what to write, before quickly scribbling on the empty page.

I came here to become a successful writer. I love writing. I find it very entertaining and magnificent. It's as if I write a passageway to my soul Anyways, my favorite food of all time is definitely nachos! Also, Justin Beiber will forever be in my heart no matter what you say about him! He's going to be my future husband soon, so if you hate him, I would start loving him if you want to be my bridesmade. Well, don't love him, he's mine. You can just like him in a FRIENDLY way :) FRIENDLY

When I finally managed to finish, Jade was laughing unexpectedly. Why, I don't know. I meant it, Justin Bieber is mine.

No one can have him.