41- Silence

Kingsley began to panic as Dora lay limp in his arms, barely breathing, her muscles tensed up. In a spilt second decision, he disapparated, clutching her tight to him. He was weak and the movement threw his balance completely, sending him stumbling into the door of the Burrow. Lights were on inside and it seemed most people were gathered in the living room judging from where the noise came from. He was barely able to support her in his trembling arms, but thankfully the ungainly landing had made a sound loud enough to be heard from inside. A few seconds later, the door was flung open, revealing one of the Weasley twins standing there. His jaw dropped as he saw the two and immediately stepped back, letting them in with only a hurried question and answer from Kingsley.

"Mum!" He yelled as he shut the door behind them, locking it with a flick of his wand. Dora began to shake as she was carried through into the living room, which was frozen and silent. Her eyes flickered open, revealing them to be filled with shimmering tears. Mouthing a silent thank you to Kingsley, her head soon fell again, beads of salty water rolling down her pale cheeks. Taking a shaky breath, he placed her gently on the sofa Molly had just jumped up off.

"What happened?" The older woman asked, whipping out her wand and running it quickly over the unconscious girl.

"We were attacked by Death Eaters." Kingsley panted, leaning forwards onto his knees, "They knocked me out, he wanted Nymph. I woke up when I heard them arguing; they didn't duel. He threw her back against the wall-" his recount was cut off by a horrified gasp from Fred.

"Shit, the kids." He muttered, dropping to his knees beside the sofa, "Mum are they alright?"

"She's going into labour." Molly said slowly, voice heavy with defeat, "The impact broke her into it. There's still a month to go and she's so weak. I don't know if she'll make two, and I can't be sure whether the twins will live? Where's Remus, oh yeah. Full moon." She answered her own question, holding on tightly to Dora's hand as the young girl again tensed up, though she seemed to not notice it.

"We gotta wake her up." George entered the room with Arthur, both of them looking nervous and drawn, "How long she got?"

"Not long." Molly sighed back to her son, "The space between each contraction is getting shorter all the time. Who was it Kingsley, who attacked you?"

"I'm not sure." The tall auror admitted, biting nervously on his nails, "Matty I think his name was. Ex-boyfriend turned Death Eater from what I could make out; can't let go of the past."

"Oh... Matty." Arthur said thoughtfully, humming slightly before his face lit up and he clicked his fingers, "I remember him. Training as an auror around the same time as Tonks. Dated her too from what I can piece together. Then a year later his name turned up on the convicted Death Eater's list. And now this." He sighed deeply, looking sympathetically at Dora as she began to stir from her blank state. A few seconds layer, she was sat bolt upright, taking rushed, messy breaths in a desperate attempt to both calm herself and ease the pain.

"Kingsley." She called his name, unable to focus and completely disorientated. He dropped to his knees beside her, arms wrapping around her shaking body as she sobbed into his shoulder. Occasionally she would cry out, clutching at her stomach when another contraction hit, "I want Remus." She cried, voice barely above a whisper but still able to make Molly's heart ache as she looked at the terrified girl. Her face was deathly pale, lips red in blood from the way she bit them when it hurt and grey eyes wide and scared.

"I'm sorry Dora." She said as comfortingly as she could, "He's not here right now. But I need you to be strong for me yeah? Be brave sweetie. It won't be that bad."

"But I want him. I need Remus." She said in a small voice, "I don't want Matty near me. He hurts me; I don't like it. Please let me have Remus." Dora sounded so much like a child that it scared the ginger woman, who gently wiped the sweat off her brow with a thumb. Dora's sobs tugged at her mind, sending tears to her eyes. With a strangled cry, the young metamorphagus leant over herself, waters breaking at the same time.

With a harsh glare, Molly sent all four men out of the room, telling them to leave Remus a message. Dora's eyes were flickering shut again when a more powerful contraction ripped through her body, making her cry out. But they both knew it was only the beginning.

*

Five hours. Three hundred minutes and it still wasn't over. Remus had turned up at one in the morning, shaking and weak like his wife. But seeing him gave her the strength to continue, and at 02:18 in the morning of 1st April, a gorgeous baby boy was born.

"What do we call him?" Dora whispered, still trying to deal with contractions as she held their newborn son.

"Edward." Remus said softly, kissing first her forehead and then the baby's, "After your dad."

"Hello little Teddy bear." The new mum smiled warmly, feeling a rush of warmth as he gripped her finger tightly, reaching up for her pink hair. After a couple more seconds however, she shrieked quietly as his tuft of hair faded from brown to the same bright shade as her own, "Middle name?" She asked, but spoke herself before her husband could respond, "Remus. After the best dad in the world, and to tell him that he's always loved. Always." Remus blushed, moving in to kiss her dry lips but stopping as she let out a quiet moan, clutching her stomach with her spare hand, "Now its only one left."

"You're too weak." Molly, who was standing by the door, said sympathetically, "You can't manage a second. And its worse that the little one is both small and breach. I've sent for a healer. Its going to have to be caesarian. I'm sorry Dora."

A.N-

Yay! I was just trying to update one more time before I left. Goodbye cos I won't have wifi for a week. Try and update when I get back.

Rhea
--x--