22- Albus

No POV-

"Talk to her." Minerva McGonagall snapped, pushing the greying lycanthrope towards the pretty girl in the corner.

"Minerva." He complained, "We need to be prepared in case something happens. Nows not the bloody time." They were currently patrolling the corridors of Hogwarts, the night Albus had taken Harry off to 'find something'. Remus Lupin had found himself in an argument with the steely eyed professor he knew he had no hope of beating. The subject? Miss Tonks of course. She was a lot worse than the last time Remus saw her, thinner and almost transparent skin like that of a corpse.

"To hell with that. Talk to her you stupid man." She persisted, a glare strong enough to wilt flowers on her stubborn face. Still though, Remus shook his head, too terrified to see her conscious for the first time in an entire year (especially seeing as the last time she hit him). Finally though, with a huge sigh; Minerva took Remus by the back of his collar and quite literally dragged him over to her.

"Hey." Tonks said dully, not even turning around to face them. McGonagall smirked proudly as Remus before turning on her heel and walking away. The poor man stuttered over his words and what to say, but eventually settled for a weak,

"Hi."

"Twelve months." Tonks whispered, though it may have been the hoarseness in her usually smooth voice, "I hear nothing from you. Then you turn up here like its all okay, expecting to be welcomed with a hug."

"Look just let me explain..." he stuttered, but she cut him off with a cruel, venom dripping voice.

"Explain what? You left me to bloody die, off hoping to get killed yourself. If you think that makes you popular around here think again you selfish git. If it wasn't for this, I shouldn't even be talking to you.". With that she turned her back on him, determined not to cry. A pregnant pause followed, broken only by a scream.

Death Eaters. Fighting for the kill.

Later :'-(

"You see." She whispered hoarsely, turning on him. Albus Dumbledore: the man, the myth, the legend, was dead. Killed by Severus Snape atop the Astronomy Tower. But to Nymphadora Tonks, that was not the only unfair thing. Fleur got still openly admit her feelings, and yet she could not. But that didn't mean she would not, "She still wants to marry him even though he's been bitten. She doesn't care!". It took the devastated Remus a few seconds to realise that she was talking to him so therefore jumped when he did.

"Its different." He managed to mumble, body to numb for his lips to properly work, "Bill won't be a true werewolf. The cases are completely..."

"But I don't care either!" She practically yelled, taking a fist of his robe in each hand and shaking them, "I dont care! I've told you a million times!"

"And I have told you a million times," Remus cut her off calmly, trying to keep calm and collected despite the very real danger he was in of kissing her pale pink lips, "That I am too old, too poor and too dangerous. Look at me, what do you see?"

He couldn't hear neither his own voice nor anyone one else's as the argument/ conversation continued. The only thing he did notice was Hagrid entering and then leaving with Harry.

"I'm gonna go." Tonks's embarrassed, subdued voice brought him back to Earth. She didn't wait for a reply, running from the room without so much as a second glance.