39- Memories

Memories that you can't let go
Not part of it but very important
All part of Dora's memories

"Hey Tonks?" She was jolted out of her daydream by a hand on her shoulder and a familiar voice saying her name.

"Oh, hiya Matty." She turned to see her fellow trainee auror standing beside her, hands shaking, "You alright?"

"Umm..." he hesitated, looking like he was about to have a panic attack, "Yeah, Tonks, I was just wondering, I kinda quite like you. I mean, like really like like you."

"Are you trying to ask me out?" The twenty year old asked after a couple of seconds, still walking along beside him in the streets of London. Running a hand through his dark curls (rather like her cousin Sirius's used to be when she thought about it), Matty nodded nervously. She stopped walking, him doing exactly the same and starting to shake as she turned to face him.

"I mean, its okay if you don't wanna... I just..." he trailed off once more, but this time for a different reason. Dora was looking at him sideways, a slightly bemused smile on her delicate features. After a few awkward seconds, she gently went up on tip toes, body lightly touching his as she kissed him. He felt like he was about to pass out, his long time crush, the cheeky girl with dreads and piercings that completely muddled up his senses, was kissing him.

"Don't be so nervous." She whispered as she pulled away from his burning face, "Be who you are. That's what I like, and that's what I want." And with that, she was gone. Disapparated with a pop that echoed in his ears.

*

There she was. Back to him, walking with a girl he recognised from previous encounters but didn't know by name. Matty felt a lump in his throat as he watched Dora and the other one laugh, doubling over in fits. She was... strange. There was no doubt about that, Nymphadora Tonks was a strange one. As she straightened up again, starting to walk away from him, he felt his feet move of the own accord. Before he could stop himself, he was right up behind her, hands clasped around her hips and face over her shoulder and into the nook of her neck.

She cried out at first, nearly tripping over as she tried to pull away. Her head flashed round, but when she saw it was him, a long breath escaped her lips.

"Bloody hell Matty." She sighed, leaning back into his chest as he continued to hold her waist, "Scared me half to death you bastard."

"I'm sorry." He chuckled, placing a soft kiss on her cheek, "Forgive me?"

"Go on then." Dora smiled exasperatedly, rolling her dark blue eyes as he kissed her again, "Just never do that again yeah?"

*

"Nymph?" Matty asked sleepily as he rolled over, hair falling over his eyes and sticking up all over the place. She was curled up next to him, their legs intertwined. He said her name again, softer than before, shaking her bare shoulder, "Nymph, you should go babe." Dora finally began to stir, eyes flickering open as she looked up at him.

"No." She muttered, shuffling closer to him as she began to shiver, "I'm tired and I'm cold and I'm your girlfriend so be nice and I'm not leaving you."

"I was hoping you'd say that." He whispered, wrapping an arm around her. She buried her face into his neck, placing a gentle kiss on his collarbone before drifting back to sleep once more. He soon fell back into a heavy sleep as well, feeling proud and smug to hold her perfect body next to him.

*One year later*

He had done it again. Without thinking, held her hips and pulled her back to him. But that time she didn't complain, just moved back into his chest without even looking to see who it was. Laughing slightly, he kissed her neck, fingers softly tracing the outline of her hips like he was trying to memorise them. With a shiver down her spine, she reached down and held his hands between hers, pulling them off her body.

"Hey." She said slowly, "Can I talk to you?"

"Of course." He whispered into her neck, getting a thrill from each kiss he bestowed on her soft skin, "Anything you want gorgeous."

"Thanks. But not out here." She replied, nodding towards a small alley not that far away, "Its too... yeah. In there, please."

"What is it sexy?" He asked as they entered the alley, leaning back against opposite walls to face each other. She bit her lip, searching for words that just wouldn't flow freely.

"Are you a Death Eater?" She asked after a couple of seconds awkward silence, "Please Matty, tell me."

"I will be." He replied confidently, "Join us Dora. We're fighting back; there's going to be an uprising."

"No." She murmured, voice breaking slightly as a dry sob caught in her throat, "My duty's to the Ministry, and Mad-eye. I'm sorry babe. I can't do this anymore. We're over."

"You might want to rethink that." He growled, pushing her back up against the stone wall with his wand over her throat, all trace of the original, sweet boy gone. Carefully and neatly, he cut a deep line along her collarbone, the red blood trickling down through his fingers. Dora couldn't help but cry out in pain, but it was silenced halfway through by his lips hitting hers. She tried to pull away as he kissed her, rough and cruel, but his grip on her shaking body was too tight to wriggle out of.

"Matty." She breathed his name onto his lips, trying to push him away from her, "Please no. Stop. Please." But he didn't. She could taste the alcohol in his mouth as he kissed her, blood still running through his hand. As a last resort, she kicked hard against his shin, using every ounce ounce of energy she had left. He stumbled away from her, eyes burning but she was already gone.

Running faster than she'd ever run before just to get away from a young man she thought had loved her. The hot, sticky liquid pouring from the gash in her chest collected on her pale skin, pooling as she ran. Spells were flying past her and she could hear his footsteps behind her, but she didn't slow down until the Ministry of Magic was in view.

Dora all but threw herself threw into the Atrium, collapsing as soon as she hit the ground. But how could she be safe now? When a crazed, physco death eater wanted her dead. What's more, one she'd been dating for the past year. He wouldn't rest until she was dead in his arms.

A.N-

That might not have made much sense, buts its essential and you'll soon find out why. That was all set when Dora was 20/21, so just before the start of this story.

Rhea
--x--