32- Ummm

It was several weeks after the wedding when Dora first began being sick in the mornings. To start off with; she didn't think too much about it, but on the sixth day, she really began to worry. Remus found her curled up on the sofa, a small red apple clutched in one hand. He approached her quietly, kneeling down beside her with a grim smile.

"How are you feeling?" He asked quietly, stroking a slip of dark blue hair away from her eyes, "Any better?"

"Bit thanks." She whispered, reaching down and taking his hand in hers, "Probably just some stomach bug I've picked up. But anyway, enough about me; are you going to be alright tonight?"

"Dora." He said gently, "I've been through over three hundred transformations in my life; this one isn't going to be any different."

"I know." She said weakly, "I just worry about you a lot. You know how much I love you."

"You're so much like Lily." He said with a warm smile, "She always used to worry too much."

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, biting her lip and looking away, "I know, I just can't bear you being hurt..." she trailed off, tear beads forming and rolling down onto her pale cheeks.

"I'll be fine." He put a finger under her chin and made her look at him, "Promise. Are you going to Molly's?" She gave a noncommittal shrug, sticking out her bottom lip ever so slightly. Her eyes were a dark and, in Remus's opinion, dangerously seductive blue, twinkling though she was ill. He wanted nothing more than to, as James or Sirius would've put it, snog her senseless; but knew he didn't have long until he had to leave. Thankfully though, it seemed that he didn't need to lean in himself as, a few seconds later, Dora's soft lips were slowly pressed to his cheek.

"I love you." She whispered into his ear, wrapping her arms around his neck whilst his went to her waist. Dora buried her face in the crook of his neck, her hands messing up his hair slightly. She was sobbing quietly into his shirt, neither of them with any idea as to why. They sat like that for at least two silent minutes, comforted by the presence of the other.

"I should go Dora." Remus said softly, gently pulling away from her. She nodded slowly, releasing him from her grip. He got back to his feet, pulling his wife up with him. His hand wrapped around her waist, pulling her in close to his cold body. Together they walked through the small cottage, her head leaning against his upper arm. At the doorway, after he had pulled on his shoes and checked quickly to make sure his wand was in his pocket, he turned and placed a gentle kiss on her deep red lips. A pleasant shiver ran down her spine and a wide smile split onto her face as she kissed back.

"Remus?" She said slowly as she pulled away a few seconds later. He mumbled slightly, telling her to go on, "You know I love you." She trailed a soft finger down a scar that ran across his cheek, "All these scars don't make me love you any less. You're perfect just that way you are. Just the way I love you."

He cried when she said that. Just a bit. A lone tear that arrived briefly in his eye before flickering away again. But as she brought her lips back up to meet his once more, it soon resurfaced. He couldn't help it. No one had ever said that before, in all the thirty or so years he had been cursed by his lycanthropy.

"I love you too." He replied, embracing her once more. As he released her, she opened the door, letting in the cold evening air. They left together, each disapparating off to a different place after the door was locked. Remus to a nearby woodland to transform, and Dora to The Burrow.

"Hey Molly!" She shouted as she opened the door, smiling at the familiar warmth and smell hit her in the face. After a few seconds, she heard a muffled reply and Ginny came tearing down the stairs, ginger hair flying out behind her. The young teen threw herself into Dora's arms, grinning like mad.

"Thank Merlin you're here Mrs Lupin." She sighed, "Fleur is driving me stark raving bloody bonkers!"

"Not having fun then." Dora smiled sympathetically, putting her down and then frowning when noticing how similar they were in height, "Can you stop growing? In a few years time you'll be taller than me. Its not bloody fair. Oh hey Molly." She continued as the small, red headed woman joined them in the room, an exasperated and annoyed look on her lined features.

"How's it going Ton...no I can't call you that now," Ginny asked, grinning widely, "Ummm...Dora?"

"That's fine babe." She said with a light laugh, linking arms with the ginger girl and walking through into the living room with her, crashing out onto the sofa, "And yeah, not bad. Hows it with you and a certain Mr Potter, or so the gossip is?" Ginny flushed the same shade as her hair, making Dora laugh once more.

"Fine thanks." She mumbled, "Looking forward to seeing him in a couple of days. But anyways, you and Remus settling in alright?"

"Its wonderful thanks." The metamorphagus said with a large smile, "Been a bit ill recently; but you know, I'll get over it."

"Wish it hadn't taken you so long to get hooked up." Ginny sighed, "You could have had little mini bubblegums running round by now!"

"Nah," Dora shook her head, "Don't think Remus really wants a family. I mean, I would love it, but..." she trailed off, looking down sadly. Ginny wrapped an arm around her, giving her shoulder a quick squeeze.

"He'll change his mind." She said confidently, before apparently rethinking and amending the statement, "Well, maybe. But accidents can happen. You never know." Dora laughed even louder, giving the young girl a playful punch on the arm, but she couldn't help but hug her as she continued speaking, "Merlin I wish you were my sister. Then I could a little niece or nephew. And you're just awesome."

"If we ever have any," She replied, still laughing loudly, "You can be official Auntie Ginny. And hey, might have some of your own one day."

"Coffee Tonksie?" One of the twins interrupted, coming into the room with several mugs hovering before them.

"Oh please." Dora said thankfully, taking one of them out of the air, "Cheers." She was just about to take a sip when she froze.

"You okay?" Ginny asked nervously, leaning forwards slightly to see her better.

"Yeah, just feel a bit..." she broke off, taking a deep breath as the world began to spin. Dora was fairly certain that she was going to be sick, the strange smell of the hot drink suddenly absolutely disgusting to her.

"Question." She heard the second twin ask as her hand began to shake, "Is a side effect of pregnancy sickness or sudden dislike of something?"

"Yes I do believe it is." The other replied, "Go get mum will ya Freddie." A few seconds later, Dora heard the worried tones of Molly Weasley and a cold glass was pushed into her hands, the mug obviously being taken first.

"Drink a bit Dora dear." She said softly, supporting her hand and raising the glass up to her quivering lips. The ice cold water helped almost instantly, helping release the tension in her burning head. Her vision slowly returned to normal, showing four faces in a tight semi circle around her, "Any better?" Molly asked.

"Yes thanks." Dora said apologetically, "I'm sorry, don't know what came over me."

"Umm, Tonksie?" One of the twins, probably George, said carefully, "How long have you been having this sick bug thing?"

"Six days." Dora said slowly, desperately willing what she thought they were all thinking to be untrue.

"Have you thought that you might be, well, pregnant?" Fred continued, looking nervously at her in case of an explosive reaction. But one didn't come.

Instead she closed her eyes, small tear droplets trickling out from underneath them.

"I did a bit." She sobbed quietly, "I guess in a way I want to be, but I don't to lose Remus again. He'd take it the wrong way and leave. I mean, there's still a chance I'm not right?"

"Come here sweetie." Molly said, "The spell's simple enough." Dora sat forward and nervously bit her lip as the mother of seven placed the tip of her wand on her flat stomach, "Positive." She whispered after a couple of seconds, "You're pregnant."