Chapter 23

I curl up against Rylan as we sit alone in the living room, watching an old The Flintstones, almost falling off as I day dreamed. My body was laid out between Rylan's legs as he sat up, playing on his android. The heat he gave off was really soothing and calming despite what happened before. I was amazed that he was still not freaking out over it. 

I was still in the closet when he ran into our room, slamming the door on his way. My ears heard quite a bit of talking at first before I heard grunts, groans and begging to stop. I curled more into myself as I waited for it to end. Finally a quite knock was on the closet door, but I was too afraid to answer. I heard a sigh before there was a rattling of the door knob. My eyes watched as it rattled before the whole knob came off of the door. My entire body froze as I waited for the winner of the battle to come in. 

I closed my eyes until I felt the warm nurturing hand of my mate being placed on my side. I carefully opened my eyes as I was met with my mate's unharmed face. He slowly helped me onto my feet, despite how shaky my legs were. I stared into his eyes as they turned angry and he muttered, "I'm going to kill that bastard."

Thankfully I was able to steer him away from his actions of murder, but he still kicked Luke out of the pack. It was sad though because I remember how Luke would make a lot of corny jokes at the dinner table and he is now banned from this pack. I bet that Rylan has warned all the other Alphas of his antics. 

Although there were some difficulties, I got the courage to go out and catch him before he left the territory. I told him of a pack that held only males for the mateless and how they would go out in groups and find their individual mates. They help hold each other back and how they stick as one until they find their true love. He was incredibly happy and thanked me, but then ran off in terror by Rylan charging behind me in his wolf form. Thankfully, I was able to stop him by acting I was passed out when our little two step dance didn't work. 

I laugh as the memories of him freaking out and swearing quite loudly. Rylan gave me a weird look as he looked away from his phone and stared at me. I averted his gaze by looking back at the TV which is now on the old TV show The Garfield Show. My eyes stay connected to the TV show as Rylan repositioned us so that I was sitting on his lap. I felt his intense stare on me, but I made sure to keep my focus on the plump orange cat that loves to eat lasagna.

I watched as the episode changed to another channel that was a more explicit episode of AFV and turned to Rylan angrily. I saw him have a smirk on his face as he gingerly held the remote in his hand. My arm idiotically reached for it and failed miserably as he just lifted the remote farther away from me. I began to climb up his body as he stretched his incredibly long arm farther away from me. As I was able to finally reach it he threw it across the room and flipped us over so that he was straddling my waist. 

My eyes glared right into his as my arms crossed. His voice deepened as he chuckled at my attempts to escape. I punched him playfully as he just laughed even more and captured my hands in his big ones. He leans down and kisses me sweetly on my lips, but my stomach disagrees. I continue to kiss him, thinking nothing of it until I have the urge to hurl.

My hands push against his chest as I stumble over the furniture racing for the bathroom. I hear faint footsteps behind me as I only hear the pain in my stomach announcing itself as the puke climbs up my throat. I burst through the bathroom door as I barely make it to the toilet as I open my mouth to throw up.

Tears escape my eyes as the burning sensation grows throughout my throat. I can barely breathe through the amount of puke that has escaped my stomach. My hair escapes my face as Rylan holds it back with one hand and the other rubbing my back soothingly. By the time I finished the toilet was almost overflowing with puke.