Chapter 12

As the last few words are uttered from my lips an eerie silence is welcomed to the conversation. I do not dare to speak again for the time being. I know that it is a lot of information that I just slapped in his face, but I felt a huge lift off my chest. So many years there has been no one to ask that question, but instead everyone made their own assumptions and didn't care about how it would effect me. No one will ever know how much it means to me for someone to finally ask me about the incident, about what truly happened. All that matters now is if he believes me. Right now I am putting so much trust into him that I feel he might burst from it, but he doesn't believe me, then I know that it was a mistake coming back. If he doesn't believe me then that means, to me anyway, that he doesn't trust me to believe me and that we aren't the right mates for each other. I am positive that I will have occasions when I will not trust him and try to hide somethings from him, but then there will be the times where I will put all my trust into him, like right now, and will hope for the best.

I wait 5, 10, 15, 20 minutes for him to respond, but it is not until it hits 45 minutes later that he finally responds. I was so terrified that I stunned him into silence. I swear it felt like I pressed a mute button on him and that it took him so long to find the right button to speak again. I don't move a millimeter as he speaks the next few words that will either make or break our relationship.

"It's so unbelievable that it has to be true. How could anyone make up such a horrid experience? I hate to think you went through that entire traumatic experience with no one around to care for you and to love you. I couldn't even imagine losing a family member and not having anyone else to get me through it. It disgusts me that everyone assumed the worst of you before they even knew the truth. If I could change one thing during that period of time you were alone, I would have forced my pack members to take me to you for questioning. I don't even know why I thought I could trust my Beta when he told me what he thought happened. The only thing I could be thankful of him is that he asked to spare you and instead allow beatings as punishment for about 6 months. Who knew that it would have gone on for years?"

As he spoke he began to shake, but stopped when he dug his nose into my neck, so that he may be calm with my scent. For some reason around the neck the scent of one's mate is always the strongest and has the most affect on their soul mate. He took deep breaths as his shaking diseased and he began to speak again. "I don't even know how to face my pack with this disturbing information."

I took a deep breath and said, "You don't have to tell anyone you know the truth. It's better if the pack members believe what they want and-"

He interrupts me before I can finish, "What the hell!? After finally knowing the truth of the situation that has caused pain through out everyone in the pack you want to hide it?"

"If people find out the truth then they will just blame themselves, ultimately bringing a bad vibe throughout the entire pack and I would be responsible. If they still believe that I was responsible then all that anger and horrible emotions would be placed on me so that they won't have to feel it. It might be too much to know that they were wrong and most likely would suck up to me. I would hate if they were being so nice to me just because of the years of abuse they gave me. That just feels like pity towards me and I hate that. You have to promise me that you won't speak a word of it. I would rather them hate me than for them to hate themselves."

He moved my head so that I was staring straight into his eyes. He held me like this for a while before he sighed and hugged me close to his chest. I close my eyes as the slight bliss of the warm embrace that Rylan gives off onto me. I reopen my eyes as he removes one of his arms and places his pinky finger in front of my face. He has on a gentle smile and says, "I pinky promise not to tell anyone. If I do then you are allowed to break my pinky."