Chapter 16

I settle down next to Rylan, happy that we get comfortable for the long plane ride to come. As I lie down in the comfortable first class chair, I see all the other passengers move slowly onto the plane. I keep my purse with me as Rylan quickly places our carry-on in the overhead compartment. He then sits down next to me, along with wrapping his arm around me so that he can pull me closer into his side. I lie my head on his shoulder as I wait for the plane to take off. 

 So far it have been about a week since that awful nightmare. Rylan has been extremely caring and making sure that he is there to comfort me whenever something bad might happen. No nightmares have entered my mind since then, which I have been extremely grateful for. I have been able to become closer with the pack members, despite our past. After my bravery in front of Ashley, the whole house had a little revolution. They began to confront Ashley and ask if it was really true, which she gave the same answer as she told me. The pack members began to treat her like they did me, which I found ridiculous and outrageous. 

 I called the pack house to order and took them to the meeting area. Rylan stood next to me as I told them that she would get her own punishment. Her punishment would be crueler due to holding important information, and that we don't need a repeat of what everyone had done to me. The house was silent for the rest of that day. 

 After that day I tried to get closer with the pack members, they will all get their own punishments, but if I am going to become Luna then I will need to be on a better relationship basis if I am going to protect them in a last minute attempt to save my family. I don't care what they did in the past, maybe I do but they would get their karma, as long as they don't bullshit me in the future then I would be proud to fight along with them. I just have to keep reminding myself, you can't change what happened in the past, but you can make a better future.

In the beginning I was hesitant and only occasionally put my word in. Throughout the time I was able to approach a random group and jump immediately into the conversation. The pack members appeared to understand what I was doing, just by the glint in their eyes, and took me in. As the days passed I saw that glint leave their eyes and I knew that I made a break through. I still have a couple of groups to spend more time with to delete the glint from their eyes, but the week ended and I had to leave with Rylan for our little vacation.

Throughout the week, along with creating better relationships, I have been nagging him about where we are going. I still don't know because he said that he wants it to be a huge surprise, so he begged me to put on a blindfold and earplugs. He told me that he wants to make it really special for me.

Ryaln did tell me a few things that I found interesting. He told me that he got us first class seats, true to his word, because he wanted me to have the best vacation ever. I was excited because this is my first vacation. The pack has been on vacations before, usually twice a year, but the pack members told me that they needed me to stay back and keep up the maintenance inside the house. I knew they were lying, but back then I was still the wimpy omega. For the time that they are all away I spend it cleaning, watching tv, actually eating the good food and doing things in the pack house that I have never done before. I make sure to buy back the food I once ate and cover my scent with air fresheners. If they caught my scent inside the house then I would be getting even more beatings than I usually would. Although they know that I would clean, what else were there be to do, they still wouldn't like my 'disgusting worthless scent stinking up the house.' 

I take a deep breath to get rid of the past where I cried the first time that I was left behind. It still hurt after that, but I was able to get my emotions intact and stop crying on something I couldn't control. Rylan looked at my face and squeezed my shoulder lightly. He gave me a soft smile and lightly kissed my head. He mumbled, "Try to fall asleep, ok? It is going to be a long ride." I smile up at him and lightly kissed his cheek. I got comfortable on his side and slowly slipped away into darkness.