Chapter 8

~Amorita's POV~

I yawned and stretched in the comfortable bed, I froze, not understanding where I am. The last thing I remember was passing out after exhausting myself with running for miles. I slowly turn around to be faced with a muscular chest. My eyes lift from the tanned chest in front of me to the deep brown eyes that look at me from above. I felt my heart beat increase as the deep mud eyes flipped through so many emotions, but the one that lasted through out the slideshow was confusion. My face laid emotionless, unknowing how to deal with the situation that lies in front of me.

We stared at each other for a long time, but I didn't move a single inch while he squeezed me tighter and placed his head in between my head and shoulder. I still laid still, even during the period of time here incoherent mumbling was spoken by the Alpha and wetness escaped his eyes, traveling down my neck. I honestly didn't know how to react. After years of avoiding him, we finally see each other for the first time and find out we are both mates. Then I leave for 2 years and somehow ran my way here and collapsed. I did become stronger as a person, but when anyone, including me is around an Alpha, they become submissive and fearful, like what I was.

How come my life is so confusing? Why was I cursed to be in the worse of luck almost everyday? I have no family, no friends, and the only person who could love me, scares the crap out of me. If I make one wrong move, he could reject me as his soul mate or banish me from the pack. Banishment is a sign that you are truly alone and no one is to care about you. Most break at that point and commit suicide, others turn insane and go on a killing spree.

I take a deep breath and slowly sit up so that my back was against the headboard. The Alpha didn't move so by the time I sat up, his head laid in my lap and his sobs echoed in the room. I looked down to see the broken man in front of me. I tentatively place my hand on top of his dark brown hair and lightly raked my fingers through it. His sobs grew louder and he hugged me tighter and mumbled the same word over and over, why? It broke my heart more than I have ever thought it would.

My bladder decided to be very lovely and alert me that I needed to empty it. I looked around and noticed the opened door that I could see had a toilet in it. I slowly started to move to the edge of the bed, but the Alpha held me closer to him, making my bladder ever so more evident to me. I let out a breathless, "Bathroom," before I shoved him away and rushed to the bathroom. I slammed the door, while also locking it, before I let my contents out on the toilet. I sighed in content as I felt myself being drained of pee.

After I finished my business, I washed my hands, dried them, and headed back into the room. As I opened the door to go into the bedroom, I was tackled by the Alpha and brought back to the bed. This time, I was sitting in his lap sideways, so that I could lay back on his knee, but instead my back was more on his chest and I faced all the photos that were hung up. I noticed the different colored wolfs and his family in human form. Tears stung my eyes as the cold truth of me not having a family came into mind. More came as I saw more pictures of his friends and I remembered how my friends ditched me after the incident.

A hand cupped my face, forcing my head to turn towards the Alpha's head. He says, "I have so many questions for you, but the first I will ask is why are you crying my sweet angel?"

My eyes drift downwards as I debated on whether to tell him the truth or not. If I tell him the truth then I know that I am beginning to trust him more than I have trusted anyone in a long while. It would be the start of showing him who I real am, who I was and who I can become to the decision I make. If I lie, it could be the end of me trusting a single soul. If I can't trust my own mate, then who can I trust? I take a deep breath and say, "I was looking at your pictures and was reminded how I have no one in my life. I have no family and my friends betrayed me. I am all alone and I hate it. Why am I the unlucky one?"