Chapter 8

*Zach's POV*

She told me to kiss her. I was surprised but so happy when I heard it say that. I asked her what she said, just to make sure I wasn't imagining it. She told me to kiss her again. I quickly went in and kissed her and it was something I can't even describe. It was absolutely perfect. Just like her.

We pull apart and I look into her eyes. Her eyes glistening just like they always do. So beautiful. Her hazel eyes. They were yellow and brown around the pupil and then most of the eye was a dark green. Then around the edges of her eye it was a greyish blue. (A/N: Btw, the eye color I just described are the color of my eyes.) They were so beautiful. Just like her.

We looked at each other for a moment before I finally spoke. "Let me walk you home." I suggest, smiling.

"Okay." She says quietly, while still staring into my brown orbs. I take her hand and intwine it with mine. We walk back to her house. The whole way was silent, as in silent for us. Because we didn't talk.

We got to her house. "I'll see you tomorrow... Autumn." I say to her. I can't help but blush when I look at her, or even say her name.

"Wait," She stops me. "Come inside?"

"Of course." I say. She smiles at my response.

We go into her empty house. We go to her room and hang out for a bit. Her room is a mess. Clothes everywhere. But no sign of any trash from food wrappers or those things and such. A lot of empty water bottles litter the floor though.

"Your room is a mess." I joke.

"Yeah... I know.." She says, sounding embarrassed.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was joking. I wasn't trying to-"

"No, no. It's fine. Really." She puts up her hand and gives a half smile.

The rest of the hour or so we just talk about normal stuff I guess. I decide not to bring up her problem again. Not until I feel I need to. Well, I do. But, I just kissed her and I want to be with her. And I want her to be more comfortable around me in that sort of way before I go bring up her.... problem again.

I left soon after, telling her I'll see her tomorrow.

*Autumn's POV*

After Zach left I decided to go visit Rachel now. I said I was going to today right after school, but then the whole thing with Zach happened, which I wasn't expecting. But I can still go see her now. Visiting hours are not over until 6:00pm. It's only 4:00pm.

I get to the hospital and make my way to her room. I walk in and see her sleeping, I think. I walk over to her. She looked a little better, but still thin. She looked pale and weak. I felt so bad for her. Having to be stuck in this.... place. I definitely was going to show I was there for her. Even though she already knew I was.

I sat on the edge of the hospital bed. She looked so peaceful, but in pain at the same time. I look down at my hands at refuse to let any tears fall.

"Hey... Rachel." i whisper and put my hand on her leg. She doesn't wake up. I say her name again, but now normally. She slowly opens her eyes and turns her head a little to face mine.

"H-Hey..." She lightly smiles. Obviously still weak.

(A/N: Just pretend the picture on the side is Autumn and Rachel.)

"How are you doing?" Wow, that was a stupid question to ask. I mean, all you have to do is look at her.

"Better. I guess." She took a breath of air. "I hate it here though. You have to get my out of this place."