ı 06 ı Founder's Day

∞

"There are so many demons at my door. Take a number, if that's what you're here for."

FREDRICK'S FACE lights up with his familiar smirk, making me feel incredibly uncomfortable. I feel extremely inclined to slam the door, but surprisingly I don't. Partly because I'm curious as to what he has to say, and partly because I want in on his revenge plan despite how much I refuse to admit it.

It's not so much the revenge part of the plan that I'm interested in, but rather Katherine. I figure the best way to find Katherine is during Founder's day tonight where most of the tomb vampires planned on taking revenge on the council. Good old Katherine wouldn't miss an opportunity to slaughter people right?

At least that's what I'm banking on. Given my luck, it probably won't happen.

"Blair," Fredrick greets slyly. "Fancy seeing you here."

"Give me one reason I shouldn't slam the door in your face right now," I give him a hard glare, feeling myself seconds away from slamming the door in his face.

He only sighs, not phased by my attitude. "You need me."

Not satisfied enough with his reason- and because I really want to- I slam the door in his face only to have him stop it easily with his hand. He sends me a warning glare before walking in, pushing his way past me.

"My offer still stands Blair, and theres a chance Ms. Pierce will be there tonight," Fredrick explains as if he's read my mind. I have to remind myself that Fredrick knows a lot more about me than anybody else in this town. He and I didn't talk much in 1864, but since he's a vampire he still knows about all the chaos that went down during that time. That means he knows about Katherine.

"Oh yeah?" I raise my brow, trying to play it cool. "Do you have inside information or something? From the man you kidnapped in your basement?" I ask, remembering the man I heard at the house, the one who was screaming out in pain.

He purses his lips like he wants to tell me something, but he keeps his mouth shut, deciding not to spoil me with inside details. This causes me to become angered, so in response I speed over to the motel door, opening it and waving him out.

"You can leave now. Thank you." I become irritable and motion for him to leave.

Not impressed, Fredrick stands at the foot of my adopted bed with a stoic expression, his arms crossed across his chest so stiffly you'd think he was statued like that.

"I have not come here to spill secrets Ms. Salvatore, but rather to recruit more tomb vampires. The only reason I haven't killed you myself yet is because I need more vampires to assist in the rebellion tonight," Fredrick explains with the roll of his eyes.