ı 04 ı Problems Arising

∞

"There is a swelling storm, and I'm caught up in the middle of it all"

I START PACING inside the house, not wanting to tell Fredrick I have lost my daylight ring. I'm already on his bad side, and I don't want to push my luck too far. Part of me is still surprised that he invited me into his little revenge plot. I'm even more baffled that he let me go; not that I'm questioning it or anything.  I have a feeling he needs me more than I need him; frankly if he's going to take down the council, he's gonna need all the vampires he can get. 

Judging by the time reading on the clock hung above the fireplace, there's about three hours of daylight left.

Fan-freaking-tastic.

All I can do is sit around and do nothing, and if there's one thing I hate, it's doing absolutely nothing. 

I've done nothing but rot in a stupid tomb for the past 145 years. I'm frankly sick and tired of sitting around and doing nothing.

Not wanting to sit, I continue my pacing up and down the hallway. I've put the pieces together and come to the conclusion that the owner of this house is the compelled woman in the kitchen.  The human part of me feels bad for her, but there isn't anything I can do about it for now. Handsome Face had told me that you can't undo the compulsion of another vampire, so basically she's stuck like this until Fredrick tells her other wise.

Another problem on the rise is the fact that I'm incredibly thirsty and haven't had much blood since waking up from the tomb. If I'm going to conquer this new century, I'm going to need all the energy I can get.

I can feel my hunger for blood take over, driving me towards the compelled women in the kitchen who already has multiple puncture wounds on her body thanks to Fredrick and his vampire posse.

As I approached the woman, I felt an pang of guilt in my stomach as my mind demands my body to stop what it's about to do. I have to keep my humanity, and I have to let the woman live despite the incessant cravings.

Deep down I know exactly who I am; I'm a blood-sucking monster that has the ability to kill anyone who tries to get in my way. That side of me scares me, and I fear one day it'll get someone killed, forever ruining me.

I shake my head as if dismissing my vivid thoughts, walking in the opposite direction of the compelled woman thus causing me to use every ounce of strength within me not to turn around and drain her of her blood. Instead I focus on the problem at hand; my daylight ring.

I ponder of all the possible places it could have gone, but I keep coming back to one solution; Emily Bennett. I have a theory that Emily took my ring since she was the last person I saw before I was in the tomb. However, that kind of cruelty doesn't suit Emily's character. Emily would never take my ring and let me suffer. She hated vampires yes, but she knew Katherine had done this to me.