Chapter 21

*two months later* 

Carrick's POV

".. I would also like to thank my parents, teachers, principal, consulers, friends, and my girlfriend for helping me get through this last high school year. Most importantly, I wanna thank the big man above. Thanks dude. Anyways, I'm your valedictorian, Carrick Lolo, and I have one more thing to say: Goodbye students, goodbye class. Cole High School, you can kiss my --,"

"TURN UP!" I heard Eric interrupt me.

"THROW THEM CAPS UP!" I yelled, as my whole senior class did so.

My principal, Mrs. Honey, came to the mic and basically screamed, "Thank you all for coming!"

Karate Chop boomed throughout the auditorium.

"Slang a bunch of narcotics 

Pull up in a new 'Rarri 

Livin' like John Gotti 

Choppin' bricks like karate  

SQUAAAAAD!"

I made my way over to my niggas.

"On our way to Howard, booooy!" Quez exclaimed.

"Hell yeah! But, lemme go over there .. Tierra looking bad as hell." Eric said.

We walked over to our big ass crowd of a family.

I saw Starr hugging up on her ma. I could tell she was crying, but she was looking good as hell. With her white tank, high waist skirt that was short in the front and long in the back, and them cheetah print heels. Damn, she make a nigga wanna do thangs.

I was making my way towards her, before my daddy stepped in my view.

"Congrats, Son." He said, hugging me.

"Thanks, pops." I replied.

"I know ya'll finna head off to Washington in a couple hours, but I want you to know I love you, and always remember that. You gotta keep in touch with a nigga, and call your mama alot. You know how sensative she is when it comes to you. Kai already sent a couple of his goons up there so ya'll will be safe, iight? I'm so proud of you, son." And, for the first time, I saw my pops shed a tear.

Shit, a nigga couldn't keep his in much longer, and by the time you know it, I was crying too. "I feel ya, pops. I love ya, daddy. And, I'ma keep in touch with ya'll."

I walked away to see my ma crying with Angie.

"Oooh, my baby!" She cried, hugging me as well as Angie.

"I love ya'll man, and I'ma miss ya'll. I'ma call ya'll everyday, and keep ya'll updated." I said, choking up on my words.

"It's okay, baby. We gone be up there to visit ya'll, forreal. We love you soo much, and we so proud of ya'll." My ma replied, wiping away my tears.

My little sisters came running towards me, and hugging my legs.

"So, you leaving us, CJ?" Rayvin, asked, looking up at me, with her big sad eyes.

I squatted down and replied, "I'ma be back, Rayvin. I gotta go to the real, real big school. It's so big that it can't even fit in Orlando! It's allllll the way in Washington. But, I'ma still call you guys. So, don't think of it as me leaving, think of it as an 'I'll see you later'."

"Okay!" She said, happily. I kissed and hugged each one of my sisters, as they ran back to my ma.

I got up and turned around to find Starr, but she was already standing behind me, smiling. I noticed her eyes were still red from crying.