Chapter 18

Carrick's POV

We all stood around Laila's hospital bed, and watched her. No stalking shit.

When I say we all were there .. I mean WE ALL WERE THERE.

Me, Starr, Quez, Eric, Tierra, Tammy, my parents, Starr's parents, Angie, Maria, Quez's moms, Eric's pops, Starr's brother MJ, her twin sisters, my lil sisters, even my brother Mendez was here, and Kai was here, and of course, Laila.

Laila stayed in the same position: sitting upright on the bed, back against the headboard, and staring blankly at an off television. She's been like this for a week, ever since what happened at her house.

Dace told me he would be gone for a couple of weeks to clear his head, so he didn't want none of us contacting us. He ain't never contacted us either.

I stood beside Starr as she sat on Laila's bed and tried to talk to her.

"Laila, you know I love you, girl. But, you gotta say something to me. Please." Starr said, beginning to sob. She put her hand on Laila's thigh. "You gotta eat something, or go outside. You've been sitting here for God knows how long. Dace bought you, your mom, and Maria this new house and you're not even appreciating it. Wake up from whatever daydream your having, Laila! PLEASE!"

I noticed Starr getting angry, so I put my hand on her shoulder for her to calm down. I forgot to make sure she took her meds.

She smiled and got off the bed.

"Dace .." Laila said low, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Whipers were exchanged throughout the room. That was the first thing we've heard Laila say.

My mom's came up to me and whispered, "Where the hell that fat head ass nigga is?"

I slightly chuckled and shrugged, "Ma, I really don't know."

"Whenever he get here, I'ma kill him before Laila, Angie, or the rest of ya'll kill him. He got his girl over here depressed cause of him, and where this nigga at now? Don't nobody know." She said, balling up her fists.

"Man, ma, I feel ya .. that's some messed up stuff. I can't do that to Starr cause I know she'll beat my --,"

Suddenly, there was knock on the door, and the doctor walked in.

"There's another family member waiting outside the door for you all." He told us, smiling, then walked out, and the door closed.

"Who the hell else can fit in here? We packed like some Mexicans!" Starr's papi said.

Knowing me, Quez, and Eric, we burst out into laughing 'cause Starr's daddy WAS Mexican. I swear that man funny as hell.

Everyone else laughed, and I coulda SWORN I saw Laila crack a smile, or maybe I was just hallucinating.

The door slowly creeked open, and everyone went silent. Guess who walked in? Dace fucking Aaron. He was wearing a plain white tee, some jeans, and some Timbs. His hair was in a mess, and he had bags under his eyes.

Gasps went around the room as if everyone just saw a ghost.

Dace waved at everyone and made his way to Angie.

"I'm so sorry, ma." He said, giving her a hug.

"It's okay, baby. Just go make things right." She replied.

He nodded, and sat beside Laila, who looked like she didn't even notice Dace come in.

"Hey baby." He said.