Chapter 14

Carrick's POV

I closed the door and locked it.

I looked back to see Laila going upstairs, Dace getting something to drink, and then following her. My eyes then landed on Starr.

She looked so good in her practice outfit. She only had on her sports bra, and hooping shorts. I couldn't help but lick my lips. But I had to remind myself I was mad at her.

She sat on the couch, with her head in her hands and I stood, rubbing my temples.

"Why?" I asked.

She looked up, "Why what?" She asked back, with an attitude.

"Why did you beat her ass again?" I asked.

"Carrick, I don't have time for this." She got up and walked into the kitchen. I followed her. I stood on the other side of the kitchen island.

She's the only person I allow to call me Carrick.

"Drea, answer my fucking question." I said, calling her by her middle name. I was getting irritated.

She grabbed a water bottle, and took her meds. She took 1 pill, and put the medicine bottle back in the cabinet.

"3 pills, Starr." I stated.

She looked back at me and rolled her eyes. She took the bottle back out and swallowed two more pills. I heard Laila yelling, upstairs.

Starr laughed and said, "That's my bitch."

I sighed and asked, "Starr, are you gonna answer my question or what?"

She put her head down and said, "She started some shit with me so I had to beat her ass again."

"Starr, you know, so many people are gonna start shit with you, but you can't just beat their ass, continuously." I replied.

"Well, you know I already didn't like her ass. I didn't give a fuck when I beat her ass again. She shoulda came to me correct when we first met." She said, nonchalanty.

"I know, Starr. But, you can't just be fighting everybody. feel me? One day, you might end up fucking with the wrong one." I replied.

She stood up and looked at me sideways, "Seems like you choosing sides with the enemy, nigga."

She left the kitchen and walked up to her room, where I followed her.

Before I could come in, she shut the door in my face, and locked it.

"Starr, open the door." I said, knocking on the door.

No answer.

"STARR!" I yelled, knocking on the door again.

No answer.

"DREAA, OPEN THIS FUCKING DOOR RIGHT NOW!" I screamed, banging on the door so hard that I left a crack in it.

She opened the door quickly, and ran to her bed.

"I'll pay for that." I said as I closed the door. I sat in a chair near her bathroom, away from her bed. She was face down, and had her face in a pillow. I sighed and rubbed my face.

"Starr, come here." I finally said.

"No. Fuck you." I heard her mumble in her pillow. I could tell she was crying.

"Dreaa, please come over here." I said.

She got off her bed and walked towards me. She had her hands on her face, and she swayed while she walked. Her body was made just right. I smiled to myself.

"What?" She mumbled underneath her hands.

I pulled her closer to me, in between my legs. I removed her hands from her face and proceeded to wipe her tears away. She stood there with her arms crossed.

"You know you hurt my feelings when you said 'fuck you', right?" I said, putting on a sad face.

She giggled and pushed my shoulder.

I put my arms around her waist, and pulled her so close to me that my head could be on her stomach.

I looked up at her and she looked at the wall in front of me.

"Look at me, baby." I said. She looked at me.

"You know I'll do anything for you, Starr. I'll fight any nigga and kill any bitch before they try to hurt you. Like I said, you're the first girl I ever fell for. You do something to me that I just can't explain .. you feel me?" She started crying again. "I can't stand to see you hurt, or being hurt. It affected me today when I picked you up, and you was fighting that hoe and I wasn't around. She coulda had something on her that you wouldn't have even known she had. I would've killed my own damn self if I seen you on the ground, lifeless." I said.

She wrapped her arms around my neck, and put her face in the crook of my neck. She wiped her tears away on my t-shirt and looked back at me. She kissed me for a long ass time, before I got heated.

I put my hands on her hips and pulled her closer to me. She broke away from our kiss.

For the first time, I heard the words come out her mouth .. but in spanish.

"Te quiero, nena." She said.

and, for the first time I ever said the words to someone else other than my mother or sisters ..

"I love you too, baby."