Chapter 10

Starr's POV

I woke up the next morning feeling amazing, and with CJ on my mind.

I went into the room Laila was sleeping in, and she already had her things packed. She was sitting on the bed, texting, with the TV on.

"Hey baby," she said as I walked in. "I don't wanna leave you today."

"Aww, bitch I don't want you to leave either." I said, hugging her.

"Get the hell off me, we gone see each other at school tomarrow." She said, taking my arms from around her.

I laughed and went back to my room. I looked at the clock.

1:27 p.m

Damnnnn, I was asleep for that long?

I went into the bathroom to shower, and brush my teeth. I washed my hair too, so I could let it air dry.

I put on a black and white Nike jumpsuit and my Nike slides.

I took my meds, and grabbed my keys. I was heading for my door when my phone rang:

"Bring your love baby, I can bring my shame

Bring the drugs baby, I can bring my pain

Ooh, I got my heart right hereee

I got my scars right hereee --"

I didn't check the caller, I just picked up.

"Hello?" I answered, with an attitude because I was tryna head out quickly.

"Is this a bad time to be calling?" CJ asked.

I was mad at myself, and sad, at the same damn time. "No .. my bad."

"It's alright, ma. I was just wondering what time could I pick you up today." He said.

I smiled at the phone. I forgot all about him coming to pick me up today.

"Oh .." I giggled. "You could pick me up at 4."

He laughed and replied, "Iight ma, be ready. Bye, shawty."

"Byeeee." I replied. I put my phone in my pocket and came downstairs with a huge smile on my face. Laila was already at the door with her stuff.

"Bout time, bitch." She said. I waved her off and dropped her off at her house.

----------

It was 2:30 and I had a couple of hours before CJ came to pick me up. So, I went over my parents house.

I opened the door with my spare house key, and walked in.

"Starr, bring your overgrown ass over here & give your brother a hug." MJ said to me, putting the twins down. He has his own house, and his own girlfriend, but he act likes he lives here.

"Wassap Mickey Jr." I said to him, laughing before he punched my shoulder.

"Mama, you betta get yo child 'foe I beat her ass!" MJ yelled. I stuck my tounge out at him & went to the kitchen.

"Hey mama, hey daddy." I said. They were standing over the stove, cooking a whole lotta food like it was Thanksgiving.

"Hey baby!" My daddy said, hugging me and putting flour on my nose. I'm a daddy's girl.

"Hey sweetie." My mama said, hugging me too.

"What brought you here today? You need some money? Cause you know I always gotta provide the best for my baby." My daddy stated, reaching into his pocket for his money.

"Daddy, nooo." I laughed. "I just wanted to see how ya'll was doing."

"We doing fine .. same shit, different day." My father said. I smiled and looked down at the table.

"Starr, go into my room. I'ma meet you up there in a minute." My mama said. I obeyed, and minutes later she came in, too.

"Now, Starr. I gave birth to yo ass, nurtured yo ass, and raised yo ass. I know you well enough to know you ain't come here just to see how we was doing. What's up, forreal?" My mama said, being ratchet as ever. She sat on her bed, and patted on it so I could sit down.

"Mama, you're gonna be shocked when I tell you this, so don't overreact." I said.

"Hell naw, Starr you pregnant? You ain't never told me bout one of yo niggas, shit you ain't never even had a nigga. What's going on? How many months you been? Don't tell me you played that last game pregnant? Stand the fuck up, I'm finna beat yo a--,"

"MAMA, I AIN'T PREGNANT!" I whisper-screamed.

"Oh .. damn, well what?" My mama said, laughing.

I smiled, and looked down. "Mama, I think I found a man."

"Aww, sweetie. What's his name?" My mama asked, cheesing.

"His name is CJ." I said, proudly.

My mama's smile faded a little. "CJ .. what?" She asked.

"CJ Lolo." I replied. She looked down and looked back up quickly, smiling.

"Aww, I'm so glad my baby got somebody. I never thought this day would happen!" She said, hugging me.

"Thank you, mama. But, I gotta go. CJ's coming to pick me up. He's so sweet, and charming. Mama, I ain't never seen no nigga like him." I told her. She smiled.

"Alright baby. Bring me some grandchildren." She said, as I walked out the door.

"Okay, mama!" I said, jokingly.